[Plugin] AutoAdd (multiple watchdir) plugin for deluge 1.2+

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
b33bl3br0x
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] AutoAdd (multiple watchdir) plugin for deluge 1.2+

Post by b33bl3br0x »

I've got Deluge loaded on a Synology NAS.

I'm trying to set up autoadd in the webui and when I create a new watch path I am receiving an error message that says "Incompatible option: u'abspath'"

Does anyone know what this error means?

Also, is it still the case that the watch folders get disabled after adding each torrent?
Orchismo
New User
New User

Post by Orchismo »

Also getting this error on my Synology NAS.
element4l
New User
New User

Post by element4l »

I recently installed this plugin on my seedbox but can't get it working. It just tells me "The AutoAdd plugin is enabled however there is no WebUI preferences page implemented yet for this plugin. In the meantime please use GtkUI preference page to configure this plugin."

If I'm not mistaken there should be a webUI by this point, is that not correct? I looked into using the GtkUI preferences but I am lost beyond order, it looks like a can of worms. And I'm fairly tech-savvy.

This is on Ultra seedbox btw. I'm not sure how to find what version of deluge it is (it's not listed anywhere I can find).
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

To the two with synology errors, I think you're using deluge2 with py2, as seen such from other synology users here before, and maybe this is entirely unrelated but saw quickly an old report about python 2.6/7 not supporting something with abspath when non ascii chars in directory or down it's path, but working on py3, so if related then see if can rename dir or use other one, just a thought and as sad, not sure at all.

element4l, you're on deluge1.x when autoadd webui plugin prefs states such, you can always check with 'deluged --version'. Webui support added in deluge2. If not wanna use gtkui, then find an autoadd.conf online and edit to your needs, just search 'deluge autoadd.conf'.
romulak
New User
New User

Post by romulak »

idiocracy wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:01 pm
fig2k4 wrote:Did you ever fix the problem of the watch folders getting disabled? It's so frustrating that the folders get disabled after loading torrents one time. The built in Deluge auto add doesn't work for me either.

I couldn't find another way, so I edited the code and removed the "enabled" option completely. If I want to disable a watch, I just remove the watched folder.
How did you do that?
Also, label conflicts, if label is enabled it will disable autoadd. Removed label and autoadd works fine.
I PM'd fig2k4, but not sure if he'll respond. Here's how I think I did it (seems to be working so far)..

Step 1)
- Install deluge for windows (ex; 1.3.15)
- Don't install a separate version of this plugin, the latest version compatible with windows (1.5 at the time of this post) is automatically included with deluge exe installer. The one in the first post of this topic is older and the one on github does not seem to work with the windows version of deluge.
- Enable autoadd, configure as desired and enable all
- Close deluge
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\deluge-1.3.15-py2.7.egg\deluge\plugins (version number might be different if newer version of Deluge is ever released for Windows..)

Step 2)
* Automatic method:
- Download this attachment and overwrite your C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\deluge-1.3.15-py2.7.egg\deluge\plugins\AutoAdd-1.5-py2.7.egg;
AutoAdd-1.5-py2.7.egg
(29.72 KiB) Downloaded 542 times
* * OR * Manual method:
- Open AutoAdd-1.5-py2.7.egg using 7-zip
- Extract contents to folder on desktop, leave 7-zip open
- In extracted "autoadd" folder, edit "core.py" using Notepad++
- Overwrite all file contents with this; https://pastebin.com/raw/E2JNh88P
- Drag your edited "core.py" back into the 7-zip window and overwrite when prompted

Step 3)
- Open deluge, ensure watch folders are still enabled, close Preferences window
- Leaving deluge open, put computer to sleep (seems to trigger the disabling of watch folders)
- Wake computer and go into Deluge prefs, ensure Watch folders are still enabled

I kind of just changed a bunch of stuff from false to true that I thought would affect it. I'm not a programmer, so I have no idea if this will break other things within the plugin - use at your own discretion, make sure all your settings are set up first. Deleting the egg file and reinstalling deluge will restore the stock AutoAdd 1.5 plugin (don't need to uninstall deluge first).

As a side, your autoadd configuration file is located in; C:\Users\yourwindowsusername\AppData\Roaming\deluge\autoadd.conf if you want to back it up for future reference or use on another computer.
protomens
New User
New User

Post by protomens »

Hi-

I just wanted to report an issue I was having on my system back in July with the AutoAdd plugin and how I resolved it.

System:
Ubuntu 20.04
Python 3.8.10
Deluged 2.0.3
libtorrent 1.1.13.0
AutoAdd 1.9.1

Issues:

Upon installing the AutoAdd plugin of version mentioned above, I noticed my system began locking up. At first, I didn't know what was causing this. Upon inspection of
journalctl -f
, I noticed constant errors related to the AutoAdd plugin. It was spewing numerous errors and ended up causing ungodly amounts of memory leaks which would eventually plug up the system. The errors are as follows:

Code: Select all

deluged[1391968]: Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                                                  Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/AutoAdd-1.8.egg/deluge_autoadd/core.py", line 350, in update_watchdir                                         Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:     fail_torrent_add(str(ex), filepath, magnet)                                                                                                                     Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/AutoAdd-1.8.egg/deluge_autoadd/core.py", line 329, in fail_torrent_add                                        Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:     log.error(
Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1613, in unwindGenerator                                                                    Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:     return _cancellableInlineCallbacks(gen)                                                                                                                         Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1529, in _cancellableInlineCallbacks                                                        Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:     _inlineCallbacks(None, g, status)                                                                                                                               Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]: --- <exception caught here> ---                                                                                                                                     Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1418, in _inlineCallbacks                                                                   Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:     result = g.send(result)                                                                                                                                         Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/log.py", line 79, in error
Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:     yield LoggingLoggerClass.error(self, msg, *args, **kwargs)                                                                                                      Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1475, in error                                                                                                Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:     self._log(ERROR, msg, args, **kwargs)                                                                                                                           Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1577, in _log                                                                                                 Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:     fn, lno, func, sinfo = self.findCaller(stack_info, stacklevel)                                                                                                  Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]: builtins.TypeError: findCaller() takes from 1 to 2 positional arguments but 3 were given                                                                            Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]: Temporarily disabling observer LegacyLogObserverWrapper(<bound method TwistedLoggingObserver.emit of <deluge.log.TwistedLoggingObserver object at 0x7f5627fdabe0>>) due to exception: [Failure instance: Traceback: <class 'TypeError'>: findCaller() takes from 1 to 2 positional arguments but 3 were given
Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/core/alertmanager.py:138:handle_alerts                                                                                        Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:962:__del__                                                                                                Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/logger/_logger.py:190:failure                                                                                                Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/logger/_logger.py:144:emit
Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]: --- <exception caught here> ---                                                                                                                                     Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/logger/_observer.py:131:__call__                                                                                             Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/logger/_legacy.py:93:__call__                                                                                                Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/log.py:204:emit                                                                                                               Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]: /usr/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py:1493:critical                                                                                                                Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]: /usr/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py:1577:_log                                                                                                                    Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]: ]                                                                                                                                                                   Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/core/alertmanager.py", line 138, in handle_alerts                                                                     Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:     **{                                                                                                                                                             Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 962, in __del__                                                                             Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:     log.failure(format,                                                                                                                                             Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/logger/_logger.py", line 190, in failure                                                                             Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:     self.emit(level, format, log_failure=failure, **kwargs)                                                                                                         Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/logger/_logger.py", line 144, in emit                                                                                Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:     self.observer(event)                                                                                                                                            Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]: --- <exception caught here> ---
\

Using the first of these error reports:

deluged[1391968]:   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/AutoAdd-1.8.egg/deluge_autoadd/core.py", line 350, in update_watchdir                                         
Jul 17 05:26:01 server deluged[1391968]:     fail_torrent_add(str(ex), filepath, magnet)                                                                                                                    
I was able to trace the error to the following line of code in core.py

# torrent handle is invalid and so is the magnet link
                log.error(
                    'Cannot Autoadd %s: %s: %s',
                    'magnet' if magnet else 'torrent file',
                    filepath,
                    err_msg,  
                    )

Once I commented out this code, and crated a new egg file, I noticed the RAM usage stayed the same without maxing out from the AutoAdd errors and memory leaks that were occurring.

For what it's worth, here is the AutoAdd 1.9.1.1.egg file for anyone else that sees this same issue.
AutoAdd-1.9.1.1-py3.8.egg
(41.79 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
I wasn't entirely sure how to fix the code and leave the log.error call in so that the code is preserved and as mentioned just commented it out and it fixed the problems.

Best,
protomens
oriagn
New User
New User

Post by oriagn »

I bashed my head against this issue for a few days before I found a fixed version of the plugin. Just drop the plugin in this thread into your plugins folder and restart Deluge (for builds below 2.0.4.dev57).

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=55968&sid=f45f34647 ... 7330d83caf
vacano
New User
New User

Post by vacano »

Hey guys, good to be on the forum!

I have a quick one if anyone has an idea. I just installed Deluge on my Synology NAS via Docker. The deluge is working as intended, but the autoadd plugin is not showing correctly resizing doesn't work either ?! See picture below. The version of the plugin is also the latest one.

Would appreciate your advice.
Attachments
Autoadd1.jpg
Autoadd1.jpg (36.77 KiB) Viewed 9194 times
Autoadd.jpg
Autoadd.jpg (68.21 KiB) Viewed 9194 times
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

vacano wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:57 pm Hey guys, good to be on the forum!

I have a quick one if anyone has an idea. I just installed Deluge on my Synology NAS via Docker. The deluge is working as intended, but the autoadd plugin is not showing correctly resizing doesn't work either ?! See picture below. The version of the plugin is also the latest one.

Would appreciate your advice.
I've got the latest 2.1.1 release of deluge, and it comes with v1.8, although I'm not using Synology or Docker...I'd say maybe try and grab the .egg file from that release and try it, and see if the behavior persists across versions. It's possible that it's not deluge/plugin related at all, but that seems less likely...

So someone more experienced can help you, I'd recommend you give us some info like what version of deluge (docker image, etc) you are using as well as what version of Synology and docker...and maybe check your logs in docker to see if there were any errors drawing the window, although that also seems like it wouldn't be super likely.

I assume you can't just resize that window.
vacano
New User
New User

Post by vacano »

Thanks for your quick reply. I have deluge on my Windows 11 pc and all is working just fine. Menus draw as they should. Resizing the windows is a mission impossible because no matter how much you drag down it only reveals a few millimeters only, then at some point goes to hidden again. My Synology is a DS1513+ with DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 3 with the latest version of Docker. My log is totally clear of errors what so ever.