Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Faz

Re: AutoAdd (multiple watchdir) plugin for deluge 1.2

Post by Faz »

Any chance for a py2.5 release?
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

Faz wrote:Any chance for a py2.5 release?
I think so, I'll try to make one tonight.
EDIT: Added to first post
Faz

Post by Faz »

gazpachoking wrote:
Faz wrote:Any chance for a py2.5 release?
I think so, I'll try to make one tonight.
EDIT: Added to first post
Awesome! thanks much!
wallacetheweasel
New User
New User

Post by wallacetheweasel »

I'm getting an error which I can't find any info about.

A watchdir works fine when it's empty. When I put a .torrent in it, it adds it correctly, but the watchdir turns off. If I go to the "Edit" screen, and try to apply, even without making any changes, I get an error window with title "Autoadd Error" and text "Tried to stop a looping call that was not running." The Edit screen can be exited only by hitting Cancel.

I'll gladly type up any more information you think is relevant. One thing I considered, but doesn't seem to be the issue, but I'll throw it in anyway: the user running deluged doesn't have write access to the watchdir.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

wallacetheweasel wrote:I'm getting an error which I can't find any info about.

A watchdir works fine when it's empty. When I put a .torrent in it, it adds it correctly, but the watchdir turns off. If I go to the "Edit" screen, and try to apply, even without making any changes, I get an error window with title "Autoadd Error" and text "Tried to stop a looping call that was not running." The Edit screen can be exited only by hitting Cancel.

I'll gladly type up any more information you think is relevant. One thing I considered, but doesn't seem to be the issue, but I'll throw it in anyway: the user running deluged doesn't have write access to the watchdir.
Well, deluge needs to delete the torrents after it adds them to deluge, so it needs write access to your watchdir. I'll try to figure a way to make that error more clear when it happens.
wallacetheweasel
New User
New User

Thanks for the response earlier - that was easily fixed.

I have a new issue: it would seem that AutoAdd isn't running, and is behaving strangely in the preferences pane. In the WebUI, it appears unticked in the Plugins menu - it can be ticked, but nothing happens, and if I hit "Ok" and reopen the preferences pane, it is unticked. In the gtk-ui, it can be ticked, then when I hit "Ok" and reopen, it remains ticked. It can also be unticked, saved, and it remains unticked. But even when it is ticked, the configuration panel doesn't open on the left.

I'll elaborate on my setup, for whatever relevance it may have: I'm running Deluge Daemon, v1.2.1, on a linux server with python 2.5 (and using the py2.5 egg). For clients, I'm running the web-ui on the server, as well as accessing it using a ThinClient setup with the gtk client on my linux desktop.

The configuration panel has never appeared on the web-ui Preferences menu (even when it was working), but I set it up using the remote gtk client and it was working fine. I can't think of anything in particular I've done that might have caused it to break - I've stopped and started the daemon a few times, rebooted the server, but nothing too special.

I checked the deluged.log and deluge-web.log files in /var/log and found nothing that seemed relevant.

If you have any guidance, it would be much appreciated! I should add, the functionality your plugin offers is fantastic, and is the major reason I choose to use Deluge on my server - thanks for all the work you put into it.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

wallacetheweasel wrote:Thanks for the response earlier - that was easily fixed.

I have a new issue: it would seem that AutoAdd isn't running, and is behaving strangely in the preferences pane. In the WebUI, it appears unticked in the Plugins menu - it can be ticked, but nothing happens, and if I hit "Ok" and reopen the preferences pane, it is unticked. In the gtk-ui, it can be ticked, then when I hit "Ok" and reopen, it remains ticked. It can also be unticked, saved, and it remains unticked. But even when it is ticked, the configuration panel doesn't open on the left.

I'll elaborate on my setup, for whatever relevance it may have: I'm running Deluge Daemon, v1.2.1, on a linux server with python 2.5 (and using the py2.5 egg). For clients, I'm running the web-ui on the server, as well as accessing it using a ThinClient setup with the gtk client on my linux desktop.

The configuration panel has never appeared on the web-ui Preferences menu (even when it was working), but I set it up using the remote gtk client and it was working fine. I can't think of anything in particular I've done that might have caused it to break - I've stopped and started the daemon a few times, rebooted the server, but nothing too special.

I checked the deluged.log and deluge-web.log files in /var/log and found nothing that seemed relevant.

If you have any guidance, it would be much appreciated! I should add, the functionality your plugin offers is fantastic, and is the major reason I choose to use Deluge on my server - thanks for all the work you put into it.
Unfortunately, I have not created an interface for the WebUI, you currently have to configure the plugin from a GtkUI. Once it is configured however, it runs solely in the core.
wallacetheweasel
New User
New User

That makes sense, and I kind of figured something like that was the case with the webui, so I simply configured it in the gtk client originally. But the issue isn't to do with configuring it in the webui (apologies, the first post didn't really make that clear).

It was configured in the gtk client, but seems to no longer work. When enabled in the Plugins pane of the Preferences window, it doesn't show up in the Categories list on the left side. It just seems to be "dead".

Things I've tried:
- deleting the .egg file in the plugins folder and re-installing the plugin
- deleting the autoadd.conf file
- deleting the .egg and the conf and re-installing the plugin

I don't really know what to do to troubleshoot it at this point, whether it is a bug or to do with my setup, etc.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

wallacetheweasel wrote:That makes sense, and I kind of figured something like that was the case with the webui, so I simply configured it in the gtk client originally. But the issue isn't to do with configuring it in the webui (apologies, the first post didn't really make that clear).

It was configured in the gtk client, but seems to no longer work. When enabled in the Plugins pane of the Preferences window, it doesn't show up in the Categories list on the left side. It just seems to be "dead".

Things I've tried:
- deleting the .egg file in the plugins folder and re-installing the plugin
- deleting the autoadd.conf file
- deleting the .egg and the conf and re-installing the plugin

I don't really know what to do to troubleshoot it at this point, whether it is a bug or to do with my setup, etc.
Did you install the plugin egg on both the daemon machine and gtk client machine? (assuming they are different)
wallacetheweasel
New User
New User

They are different machines, and the plugin is installed on both (apparently that's the default behaviour when installing a plugin from a remote client).

Aside: is there an interface for configuring the plugin from the console client? Because that might avoid the problem I'm experiencing if it has to do with the remote setup... although I know, it doesn't figure out what's causing the issue or identify a bug if one exists. I would even be cool with managing the conf file by hand, if I could troubleshoot why the plugin isn't running and get it running.