[Plugin] AutoAdd (multiple watchdir) plugin for deluge 1.2+

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
ambipro

Re: [Plugin] AutoAdd (multiple watchdir) plugin for deluge 1.2+

Post by ambipro »

vacano wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:41 pm Thanks for your quick reply. I have deluge on my Windows 11 pc and all is working just fine. Menus draw as they should. Resizing the windows is a mission impossible because no matter how much you drag down it only reveals a few millimeters only, then at some point goes to hidden again. My Synology is a DS1513+ with DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 3 with the latest version of Docker. My log is totally clear of errors what so ever.
I assume you are using the thinclient on the windows PC and or something, linked to deluge running on the synology NAS? Not entirely clear as you said "I have deluge on my windows 11 PC...

If so this may be a problem with thinclient if this is what you're using, I'm not entirely sure if you are, but you could try and see if this plugin is configurable in the WebUI?

Alternatively, you can just edit the autoadd.conf in your profile/data directory on another machine's deluge instance, open in up in a text editor and fix the folders you couldn't set on that machine, and copy it over. I know its not ideal but you shouldn't really have to change these settings much, if at all, after setting them up.
aroth
New User
New User

Post by aroth »

ambipro wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:24 pm
vacano wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:41 pm Thanks for your quick reply. I have deluge on my Windows 11 pc and all is working just fine. Menus draw as they should. Resizing the windows is a mission impossible because no matter how much you drag down it only reveals a few millimeters only, then at some point goes to hidden again. My Synology is a DS1513+ with DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 3 with the latest version of Docker. My log is totally clear of errors what so ever.
I assume you are using the thinclient on the windows PC and or something, linked to deluge running on the synology NAS? Not entirely clear as you said "I have deluge on my windows 11 PC...

If so this may be a problem with thinclient if this is what you're using, I'm not entirely sure if you are, but you could try and see if this plugin is configurable in the WebUI?

Alternatively, you can just edit the autoadd.conf in your profile/data directory on another machine's deluge instance, open in up in a text editor and fix the folders you couldn't set on that machine, and copy it over. I know its not ideal but you shouldn't really have to change these settings much, if at all, after setting them up.
I'm having the same problem using the WebUI.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

aroth wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:54 pm I'm having the same problem using the WebUI.
See my workaround/suggestions - this appears to be a bug somewhere in what I assume is the code to get current screen resolution or something, which would draw an appropriately sized window. I assume because this is a NAS (you didn't say, but I assume you're using synology or some NAS as well?) it's grabbing it from the server rather than the client-side. This is all speculation though.

I'd suggest someone submit an issue on the github if it hasn't already been done.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I think ambipro is spot on...

I read aroth's post initially today, and wen't test lsio docker images, 5 or 6 versions back actually, and couldn't reproduce so didn't post, though in a VM and not NAS. I played with the screen-resolution also, and window size, because suspected same, but as said couldn't.

It was reported here recently, thanks TBG-FR: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3590
fewmjew
New User
New User

Autoadd can't resize window

Post by fewmjew »

Hello!

I have enabled autoadd plugin, but.. I click on it on the meny but I can't resize the window, I can't do any settings.

Tried two different machines, one docker and one hardware. Same results. Tried different browsers.

What can I do? Can I configure path for auto add manually?
mhertz

Re: Autoadd can't resize window

Post by mhertz »

Yeah known bug reported(mentioned) here several times and bug-ticket(thanks TBG-FR) submitted too, though devs not gotten to it yet currently.

When last was raised(Edit: Posted in separate thread, later merged into here), ambipro guessed was about wrong resolution, stating probably using server resolution on client and mismatched, sounding indeed plausible.

Anyway you can(as ambipro also stated) edit autoadd.conf manually in profile dir, or try in webui instead. (Edit: Sorry, rereading reports now and is webui issue, or atleast including it, so need autoadd.conf manual edits instead)

Edit: For the webUI issue, I hacked code a little and uploaded build hopefully helping - just place in profile dir and will be used automatically instead of original provided version. Anyway, in '../data/autoadd_options.js' it originally had specified 'autoHeight', which disabled resizing/scrolling as sets size accordingly to needed space occupied by widgets, though seemingly a bug here(Edit: 'autoHeight' seemingly removed somewhere in ExtJS 4, so maybe bug related to that, and of different browsers, as also stated that autoHeight let's browser calculate size needed, instead of extjs), so I disabled it so can be resized freely now, and also added 'autoScroll' so scrollbar/mouse-wheel gets added/enabled and lastly added a 'Height' property of '100%', so same height as preceding dialog, and if issues can as said also resize + scroll now too. Hope helps.

AutoAdd-1.9.egg
fewmjew
New User
New User

Post by fewmjew »

Can someone please give me a sample configuration of the bare minimum for autoadd?

I created one locally and then transfered it to my docker container. However everything just gets written over when I restart?

The auto generated autoadd had so much bloated settings that I don't know what I could remove.

So how do I make my config persistent and can someone give me a minimal config? With as little settings as possible that could possibly break.

The container is working great, autoadd config gets overwritten after a restart.

Thanks in advance 🙂
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry I'm not at my computer now but e.g page 6 here has a minimum example from someone editing himself too, though pretty old - you can also Google 'autoadd.conf deluge' and see what's available, for inspiration. Though if already have one auto-generated, then I'd just edit the paths and few settings needed, and leave "cruft", as probably gets added later anyway.

For the settings reverting, then sounds like the docker not gracefully stopping. I'm not very good at such honestly, but could maybe manually stop and start it and see if it's retained(sudo docker restart deluge' or start/stop or whatever, to see if docker or OS doing this. Other than that, then I myself found issue with binhex deluge docker(non-vpn), needing some fixes to close gracefully, and I posted it to binhex on his forum previously.

Btw, I moved your post from yesterday into here, just to keep tidy, and edited in a version of autoadd which should fix hopefully the resizing issue(on webui). Just if you missed.
fewmjew
New User
New User

Post by fewmjew »

mhertz wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:05 am Sorry I'm not at my computer now but e.g page 6 here has a minimum example from someone editing himself too, though pretty old - you can also Google 'autoadd.conf deluge' and see what's available, for inspiration.

For the settings reverting, then sounds like the docker not gracefully stopping. I'm not very good at such honestly, but could maybe manually stop and start it and see if it's retained(sudo docker restart deluge' or start/stop or whatever, to see if docker or OS doing this. Other than that, then I myself found issue with binhex deluge docker(non-vpn), needing some fixes to close gracefully, and I posted it to binhex on his forum previously.

Btw, I moved your post from yesterday into here, just to keep tidy, and edited in a version of autoadd which should fix hopefully the resizing issue(on webui). Just if you missed.
Thanks! Hopefully some will share their working config 👍
fewmjew
New User
New User

Post by fewmjew »

Maybe I need to shutdown the deluged process during editing?