[Request] Add ".part" extension for uncompleted files

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
rado84
New User
New User

Re: Add ".part" extension for downloading (not completed) files

Post by rado84 »

gazpachoking wrote:What you could do (and what I do) is download all your torrents to an incomplete directory and manually set the move completed for each torrent. I was thinking of writing a plugin to do .part file extensions like you wanted, but last time I checked there was no hook in libtorrent for file completed to tie into.
That might have been the case 10 years ago when you wrote the quoted post but nowadays I'm quite sure there is such a hook in libtorrent because qbittorrent uses that library and guess what - qbittorrent does support adding a '!qB' to the incomplete files. You'd probably say "then just use qbittorrent" and I'd say "it loads my CPU to the heavens for doing nothing, when Deluge doesn't do that to my CPU which is why I prefer Deluge".
sunshine_plusrain
New User
New User

Re: [Request] Add ".part" extension for uncompleted files

Post by sunshine_plusrain »

I would very much like to see this feature implemented one way or another.

What kind of obstacles does the current tech stack present to us?
Karmalakas
New User
New User

Re: [Request] Add ".part" extension for uncompleted files

Post by Karmalakas »

I can't believe it's been more than 15 years and one of the most requested features is still missing (ticket's been there for 13 years) :(

The suggested workaround to use Move on Completed is not an option even. I use Deluge with FlexGet and I define the download folder directly from there. So there's no way Deluge could handle moving to the correct folder after completion :?

OK I see deluge plugin for FlexGet supports move_completed_path. I guess I'll try playing with that, but I would prefer not to fiddle like that :( Also it seems this won't help if torrent contains a lot of files and I want each file to appear in final folder when it's done downloading. How does it work? Does it move each file when done or only when all the files are downloaded?
Last edited by Karmalakas on Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.