[Plugin] FlexGet - RSS Solution (Deluge 1.1 and 1.2+)

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
gazpachoking

[Plugin] FlexGet - RSS Solution (Deluge 1.1 and 1.2+)

Post by gazpachoking »

So, neither of the available RSS plug-ins quite fit my requirements, so I decided to see what I could come up with for RSS downloading. Here were my requirements:
- Runs on a headless server
- History checking/ smart ep. downloading
- Different directories for different filters

I found FlexGet, which is a (really flexible) python program that auto downloads torrents, and includes smart episode filtering. The only problem, is that since deluge doesn't support multiple watch directories, (EDIT: it does now, but using flexget's native support for deluge is still more powerful,) I couldn't configure separate save paths for my different shows. So I decided to solve that problem by making a plugin for FlexGet that would add torrents to deluge directly (acting as a deluge client) instead of downloading the torrent files to a watch folder. So basically FlexGet will now allow you to specify where deluge will download the torrent to, along with other per torrent options like ratio, label, queuetotop, etc. (EDIT: Now includes features like automatically sorting series/seasons into their own folders, and renaming series/movies to your naming standard.)

If you have any issues to report, you can ask in the [url=irc://chat.freenode.net/#flexget]#flexget[/url] channel of freenode, or create a ticket at the flexget site.

Instructions: (1/5/2010)
1. Install FlexGet.

2. Set up your configuration file for flexget. Here is a sample configuration for TV shows, further info can be found here.

Code: Select all

feeds:
  feed_name:
    rss: http://example.com
    series:
      - Lost
      - Another Show
    deluge:
      path: /path/to/save/
      movedone: /path/to/final/
(A more advanced example showing off some of the cooler (imo) features of flexget can be found here.)

3. Setup flexget to be run regularly. (instructions for other platforms can be found by following the installation guide) Here is how you would add a cron entry: Run crontab -e
This should begin editing your user's cron file. Add a line like such
*/30 * * * * ~/flexget/flexget.py -c configfile.yml
This would run the script every 30 minutes. (assuming you have checked out flexget to a folder called flexget in your home directory, and called your configuration configfile.yml)

UPDATE: (5/22/09)
Deluge support in 1.0svn is pretty much done, check it out and leave your suggestions. The new series filter, combined with the deluge plugin makes for some really powerful and easy to configure tv show downloading. Check out an example config in the deluge plugin docs to see what it can do.

UPDATE: (6/25/09)
I'm working on support for the new API of Deluge 1.2, should be able to commit it to the flexget 1.0 branch sometime in the next week. (It's actually already working, but _reallly_ messy and missing features atm.)

UPDATE: (7/01/09)
Deluge 1.2 support is now added into svn. It should auto detect whether you are running 1.1 or 1.2 and adjust accordingly, but it may have some problems if you have both installed.

UPDATE: (10/20/09)
I have tested this with Windows now, (deluge 1.1.9, flexget 1.0b5,) and have it successfully running on my Windows Home Server box. You may need to install some dependencies from here. I had to install pygobject and pyxdg to get it to work. Also, updated the instructions a bit.

UPDATE: (11/1/09)
Did some further testing with deluge 1.2 branch, there were some problems with move on completed paths, but that is fixed is deluge svn and will be included in 1.2 rc3.

UPDATE: (6/14/10)
Added a link to a more advanced deluge config file. Added link to additional setup for Windows platforms. Note that flexget is still compatible with deluge 1.3

UPDATE: (6/18/10)
There is a pretty complete setup guide for a headless torrent box with deluge/flexget posted by Moustacha over at neowin forums. Check it out if you need some more guidance.
Last edited by gazpachoking on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 22 times in total.
silverdulcet

Re: Deluge RSS plugin for FlexGet

Post by silverdulcet »

Thanks! I really appreciate you posting this. I run deluged on a headless server as well, and I've never gotten the feeder plugin to work quite right with certain RSS feeds/links. I had this set up in about 2 minutes. :D
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

Glad I could help! I have a way to set the move on complete directory per show, and also a way to queue certain shows to the top, but it requires some changes in FlexGet, so it might have to wait for a new version.
silverdulcet

Post by silverdulcet »

gazpachoking wrote:Glad I could help! I have a way to set the move on complete directory per show, and also a way to queue certain shows to the top, but it requires some changes in FlexGet, so it might have to wait for a new version.
Yeah, I read in your updates to the ticket about the move on complete not working with 1.1.7, but it is fixed in svn. Were you able to figure out how to set the label of a torrent? That is a feature I could use, since then I can set the move on complete by which label is assigned to the torrent.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

silverdulcet wrote:Were you able to figure out how to set the label of a torrent? That is a feature I could use, since then I can set the move on complete by which label is assigned to the torrent.
Figured it out, should have label support now.
silverdulcet

Post by silverdulcet »

I've been testing the svn version of FlexGet and your plugin. It seems that if you do not specify a path in the flexget config file, Deluge no longer uses the default download path for the torrent. FlexGet just passes a blank path and after 1-2 minutes the torrent is stopped with an Error, (permission denied) since it cannot write to a blank path. I'm not sure if this is something to do with your outputdeluge plugin, flexget or the 1.1.8/1.1.9 versions of deluge. I opened a ticket here. http://flexget.com/ticket/283
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

silverdulcet wrote:I've been testing the svn version of FlexGet and your plugin. It seems that if you do not specify a path in the flexget config file, Deluge no longer uses the default download path for the torrent.
I think I fixed it, I stupidly had a variable name in quotes.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

I was thinking about letting the plugin control other deluge settings when adding torrents (per torrent limits, prioritize first/last, add paused,) but wouldn't actually use them myself. Would anyone find these options to be useful?
pilluli

Post by pilluli »

gazpachoking wrote:I was thinking about letting the plugin control other deluge settings when adding torrents (per torrent limits, prioritize first/last, add paused,) but wouldn't actually use them myself. Would anyone find these options to be useful?
Hi gazpachoking,

Now that you mention it, I was thinking in hacking your code just to add that kind of functionality so I guess I would very much use them!! :D

In any case, many thanks for your pluggin! it works perfectly here...
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

pilluli wrote: Now that you mention it, I was thinking in hacking your code just to add that kind of functionality so I guess I would very much use them!! :D
I should be able to add those options in sometime this week. Nice to hear that some else is using this, glad it works for you. :)