Scheduler problem

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
red_lego_man

Scheduler problem

Post by red_lego_man »

I have an odd scheduler problem, which despite searching, I can't find any help with.

Basically the scheduler does what it's told, until I click the "OK" button on the preferences window, then deluge seems to ignore the scheduler.

It stays this way until I go back into the scheduler prefs, change the schedule details, then click OK. This leaves me with the general deulge prefences window open, and deluge dutifully stops downloads/reduces the limit etc. Then when I click OK to exit preferences, deluge reverts to downloading at unlimited.

Any pointers on what I should be looking to do? I can't see much in the way of any logs.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Scheduler problem

Post by johnnyg »

I find that if you set the scheduler preferences with no torrents downloading, then restart deluge the preferences seem to work whenever you then add torrents.

I'm not really sure why this happens, I never got around to looking into the problem.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

johnnyg wrote:I find that if you set the scheduler preferences with no torrents downloading, then restart deluge the preferences seem to work whenever you then add torrents.

I'm not really sure why this happens, I never got around to looking into the problem.
the problem is an age-old question...are plugin preferences more important that core preferences? i dont know. so the last one set is the one that gets control.
muldy

Post by muldy »

I found another problem, i don't know if it is a scheduler problem or a deluge problem.

After using scheduler, when it stops, it queues files, for some reason deluge keeps open network ports, and keeps sending/receiving data on them, can't say what i is.

Is it because it queues all files ? shouldn't it PAUSE/STOP the files?

My suggestion is: when torrents are queued/paused, deluge should close all it's network connections (Ports) and sit quiet.

I feel like deluge should be a daemon, with a gui/web interface, no need to run exclusively in a graphic user session.. bt that's just me :) i love console apps :D

Anyone know why deluge wont close all ports in the situation described above ?
Some of us have limited internet connections :(

Thanks in advanced.
man_in_shack

Post by man_in_shack »

I've provided some detail on the original problem in the following thread
http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... f=9&t=7455

During the red "stopped" period, 0.5.x Scheduler sets the maximum number of active torrents to 0. This causes all torrents to be queued, and (I might be wrong on this) Deluge keeps DHT and tracker scraping active. This is an issue I should be able to address for the 1.x Scheduler plugin.
Freakapotamus

Post by Freakapotamus »

red_lego_man wrote:I have an odd scheduler problem, which despite searching, I can't find any help with.

Basically the scheduler does what it's told, until I click the "OK" button on the preferences window, then deluge seems to ignore the scheduler.

It stays this way until I go back into the scheduler prefs, change the schedule details, then click OK. This leaves me with the general deulge prefences window open, and deluge dutifully stops downloads/reduces the limit etc. Then when I click OK to exit preferences, deluge reverts to downloading at unlimited.

Any pointers on what I should be looking to do? I can't see much in the way of any logs.
To get around this problem what i usually do is change the settings, which it seems to accept as soon as you enter them and instead of pressing OK just close the preference window. I had this issue a lot when enabling and disabling the plugin. The other alternative is press ok and restart deluge.
man_in_shack

Post by man_in_shack »

Freakapotamus wrote:To get around this problem what i usually do is change the settings, which it seems to accept as soon as you enter them and instead of pressing OK just close the preference window. I had this issue a lot when enabling and disabling the plugin. The other alternative is press ok and restart deluge.
Or, if you took the time to read the other thread, to change the settings in the plugin and hit "OK" there, but hit "Cancel" in the main preferences dialog.