Un-official FlexRSS Plugin for 1.1.x

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
hordak
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Un-official FlexRSS Plugin for 1.x

Post by hordak »

I am just reporting the issue here that I reported in another thread regarding the Un-official FlexRSS Plugin for 1.x with Deluge 1.1.4 in Windows XP SP 3 32 Bit.

The only issue that I am having with this release relates to the "Un-official FlexRSS Plugin for 1.x" not working correctly with this release. When I set a filter and subsequently refresh a feed, the feed fails to download the file and does not pickup subsequent files in the feed. I can manually download files fine through the plugin. Not sure if the plugin is now out of date with the current dependencies.

Is anyone having the same problem?
danii
Seeder
Seeder

Post by danii »

Been having the same problem, this only seems to affect manual refresh, when the feeds are auto updated the plugin works fine, but when there is a match during a manual update all subsequent auto updates fail to download what was matched in the manual update. There is no error in the logs.
hordak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by hordak »

Its not even automatically refreshing for me.

Until a new release of this plugin is available for Deluge 1.1.4 and beyond, I am forced to use a different client when I need to download via RSS. This is unfortunate, since I prefer to use Deluge full time.
danii
Seeder
Seeder

Post by danii »

You could try the Feeder plugin although you would have to use the Web ui, I haven't tried it myself but it seems to work very well
hordak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by hordak »

I did a clean install of Deluge 1.1.5 and now the Un-official FlexRSS Plugin works correctly again.
freddybob

Post by freddybob »

SGSeries2 wrote:fwiw, I've been able to put the download location option back into the flexrss gtk.
where can I download this version of the plugin?
xlynx
New User
New User

Post by xlynx »

It's probably better to install via the Install Plugin button in Deluge Preferences -> Plugins. This way you get the right location, and doing it the manual way for some reason requires a program restart (even after hitting Rescan Plugins and enabling it under Deluge Preferences -> Plugins).
xlynx
New User
New User

Post by xlynx »

I installed this plugin and setup some feeds. Next time I started Deluge - hang! I'm attaching the flexrss.dat that seems to cause the problem.
Attachments
flexrss.dat.tar
(10 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Blackmomba

Post by Blackmomba »

I had troubles loading this plugin into Deluge 1.1.6; however, when I opened the source, I found that my configuration file from the original FlexRSS used FlexRSS.plugin as the class name in the top of the pickle file. When I changed the first line of my config file to iflexrss.gtkui everything worked fine and dandy.
key134

Post by key134 »

Since Ubuntu Jaunty includes Deluge 1.1.6, I lost my FlexRSS! Thanks so much for porting this, working great so far. That save location feature will be missed a little bit but I'm just happy to have FlexRSS back.