[Plugin] Stats Plugin

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
ambipro

Re: [Plugin] Stats Plugin

Post by ambipro »

Jerrk wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:19 pm Does this plugin no longer exist for deluge 2.x?

doesn't show up in my plugin list at all
See this post and read possibly why

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=55156&p=229015#p229015

Literally a couple posts above your post references this same link.
Last edited by ambipro on Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerrk

Post by Jerrk »

ambipro wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:45 pm
Jerrk wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:19 pm Does this plugin no longer exist for deluge 2.x?

doesn't show up in my plugin list at all
See this post and read why

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=55156&p=229015#p229015

Literally a couple posts above your post references this same link.
that topic doesn't mention stats specifically

On the actual plugin page https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins/Stats it states that "Stats plugin is included with Deluge from version 1.3" i would assume 2.x is a successor to 1.3 so stats should just be available no?
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Removed
Last edited by ambipro on Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

@Jerrk

Are you using binhex deluge docker image? I don't have time to check now(well I do honestly, but am to lazy to look now to be frank sorry), but I seem to recall he disabled that plugin internally from one of his image building shell scripts on his github, might remember wrong though, but seem to remember such from a few years ago - reason being is because I believe it has an issue of sometimes crashing deluge, if having fullscreen window and changing window size again, or something, cairo related presumably - though now beginning to doubt myself if that was about the "show pieces" functionality - not sure what even called as never use the GUI myself.

Normally it is in deluge v2.0 though, e.g. I have it here I see.

I can provide it for you externally if needed?

Edit: Sorry just checked, how lazy can you be lol :)

Code: Select all

# disable built-in Deluge Plugin 'stats', as its currently broken in Deluge 2.x and causes log spam
# see here for details https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3310
chmod 000 /usr/lib/python3*/site-packages/deluge/plugins/Stats*.egg
You can chmod it back from ssh'ing into the unraid, well if you use that image even, or I believe there is a terminal for access also in unraid I heard I think. Else as said let me know.

Edit2: Might as well build/upload it regardless, because could benefit all users of binhex deluge docker images, so here follows first a build where I additionally merged DjLegolas's nice PR fixing some bugs and including TotalTraffic plugin functionality(as already includes needed data):

Stats-0.4.1.egg

If wanting vanilla instead for some reason(I just upped version number and edited entry-points, to take precedense, probably not needed here specifically, but regardless):

Stats-0.4.1.egg

Note, the binhex notion of log-spam, is old/outdated and so should be fixed now, and the "broken" notion is referring to still unresolved windows crashing issue, but seeing this isn't windows, then should be fine however(Edit: Forgot windows thinclient usage, sorry).
Jerrk

Post by Jerrk »

you're completely right i'm using the binhex container.

And now that you mention it i do recall the time when the stats plugin was disabled, i had just completely forgotten about it :shock: .

Added your egg to plugins and now it works without issue

Thanks!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Much welcome buddy, and appreciate you posting back likewise :) Btw, I did a quick test in my win10 VM and couldn't reproduce the crashing anymore, atleast in quick testings, neither with the show-pieces option in preferences - both issues previously reported, and I remember reproducing then, but hopefully/seemingly a cairo update has fixed it, or using GTK_CSD, or alike, so great, but though very quick and limited test mind you.

Hmm, i'm testing while writing... Now I can reproduce, though intermittent. Not sure yet if is because of stats or show pieces or both, but unless a fluke then didn't happen for me a single time yet, when in normal GTK_CSD=0 mode, which is used if not overridden yourself manually in your own env-vars. For me then crashed when I had both stats and show pieces enabled, and without window in full-screen dragged the left window border to the left little bit, sometimes needed a few restarts(deluge) to see, and/or mess around with the window, like dragging it back and fourth on screen first a few times. Anyway, in short, hopefully not issue anymore(GTK_CSD=0 default), and if is, then atleast for me, only happened with changing size manually, which I guess many don't do often(just maximize and minimize didn't do it here).