YaRSS2 on Raspbian Buster

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
wraidd
New User
New User

YaRSS2 on Raspbian Buster

Post by wraidd »

I'm running Deluge 2.0.5 installed from the Xenial PPA on my Raspberry Pi running Raspbian Buster with Python 2.7 in a headless configuration. My client is Deluge 2.1.1 with Python 3.10.

I'm trying to get YaRSS2 to work but I'm running into the problem that there appear to be no eggs compatible with Python 2 and Deluge 2 -- I tried downloading the egg listed for Deluge 2.0.0 and Python 3.6 and renaming it to Python 2.7 but that doesn't work. My error log is as follows:

Code: Select all

19:03:30 [ERROR   ][deluge.pluginmanagerbase      :156 ] Unable to instantiate plugin 'YaRSS2' from '/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/plugins/YaRSS2-2.0.0-py2.7.egg'!
19:03:30 [ERROR   ][deluge.pluginmanagerbase      :1418] The 'YaRSS2' distribution was not found and is required by the application
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/pluginmanagerbase.py", line 150, in enable_plugin
    instance = cls(plugin_name.replace('-', '_'))
  File "/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/plugins/YaRSS2-2.0.0-py2.7.egg/yarss2/__init__.py", line 40, in __init__
    load_libs()
  File "/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/plugins/YaRSS2-2.0.0-py2.7.egg/yarss2/__init__.py", line 30, in load_libs
    egg = pkg_resources.require("YaRSS2")[0]
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 900, in require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 786, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'YaRSS2' distribution was not found and is required by the application

YaRSS2 does show up in my plugin list but attempting to enable it immediately clears the checkbox and throws the error as listed above. I'm pretty sure the problem is with the server side -- I'm using the 3.9 egg renamed to 3.10 on the client side.

Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.
mhertz

Re: YaRSS2 on Raspbian Buster

Post by mhertz »

Deluge 2.x could be built in a fallback python 2.x mode only very rarely used, and removed in recent times, but anyway, you're running deluge 2.0.5 in python 3.x "normal" version I see, so shouldn't rename yarss2 plugin to py2.7, and for feature then just remove all python mentions from filename to make easier.
wraidd
New User
New User

Post by wraidd »

Running

Code: Select all

python --version
returned 2.7.

All the same I upgraded to bullseye and the issue seems to have resolved.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Your distro have python 3.x, as python3. Anyway, glad you got it working.