[Plugin] ltConfig v2.0.0

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
hanschristian
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] ltConfig v2.0.0

Post by hanschristian »

Thanks,

I am a very newcomer to deluge, having used other clients for ages.
I honestly just want something that works, is stable, and most importantly is fast.

So far, I am very happy that deluge is fast, when tuning a bit regarding TCP/uTP on SBC, as I have a 1000Mbit ISP connection.
Having used transmission for ages(bad multicore performance = low speed) and qBittorrent(better multicore performance, but still not optimal speed), I found Deluge to be the fastest. However time will tell if it is as stable as transmission and qBittorrent which never crashed with me.

So if it will be stable and not crash on me, have memory leaks etc. then this will be my main torrent client the next many years.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Just wanted to quickly add that the modified ltconfig's I posted here precviously with updated high-performace-seed preset for libtorrent 2.0.5 and 1.2.15, still applies for libtorrent 2.0.6 and 1.2.16, There's only 2 settings removed in the preset for 2.0.6, and for 1.2.16 nothing changed, and the two for 2.0.6 i.e. 'read/write_cache_line_size' are just ignored and not shown in UI(also ignored if in config-file) as not part of code anymore, so no need change/repost for that, as end-result exactly the same regardless.

Just small clarification off that :)
mhertz wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:15 pm Here's ltconfig for deluge 2.x with it's (hardcoded) high_performance_seed preset updated to match libtorrent 1.2.15 and libtorrent 2.0.5 from its source-code(src/session.cpp):

Libtorrent 1.2.15:
ltConfig-2.0.0.egg

Libtorrent 2.0.5:
ltConfig-2.0.0.egg

Probably nicer to change to instead directly use lt.high_performance_seed() function, but to much logic in this plugin for me to comfortably hack it, considering my meager abilities, so just updated its older hardcoded preset values to match(original plugin using preset settings/values from 2017).
irebel
New User
New User

Post by irebel »

mhertz wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:15 pm Here's ltconfig for deluge 2.x with it's (hardcoded) high_performance_seed preset updated to match libtorrent 1.2.15 and libtorrent 2.0.5 from its source-code(src/session.cpp):

Libtorrent 1.2.15:
ltConfig-2.0.0.egg

Libtorrent 2.0.5:
ltConfig-2.0.0.egg

Probably nicer to change to instead directly use lt.high_performance_seed() function, but to much logic in this plugin for me to comfortably hack it, considering my meager abilities, so just updated its older hardcoded preset values to match(original plugin using preset settings/values from 2017).
Thank you for providing this plugin build. It made a huge difference for my download speeds.
irebel
New User
New User

Post by irebel »

mhertz wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:33 am Just wanted to quickly add that the modified ltconfig's I posted here precviously with updated high-performace-seed preset for libtorrent 2.0.5 and 1.2.15, still applies for libtorrent 2.0.6 and 1.2.16, There's only 2 settings removed in the preset for 2.0.6, and for 1.2.16 nothing changed, and the two for 2.0.6 i.e. 'read/write_cache_line_size' are just ignored and not shown in UI(also ignored if in config-file) as not part of code anymore, so no need change/repost for that, as end-result exactly the same regardless.

Just small clarification off that :)

Libtorrent 1.2.15:
ltConfig-2.0.0.egg

Libtorrent 2.0.5:
ltConfig-2.0.0.egg

Thank you for the confirmation. It works as advertised! :)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Just quick note about nothings changed regarding high-performance-seed preset(src/session.cpp) in newly released libtorrent v2.0.7 and v1.2.17, so not needing update my previous posted builds.
nero
New User
New User

Post by nero »

Thanks a lot for sharing your build, mhertz! It's working perfectly fine on my machine. :)
fizzle
New User
New User

Post by fizzle »

Hi, is there a way to check if ltconfig is correctly applying its settings? How is Preferences/ltconfig supposed to look? Connection limit bottom left in thin client does not change to ltconfig setting, no?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

The bottom left don't change, but don't worry, still works and overrides deluge's own settings.

The preferences > ltconfig just need to have 'apply on start' or however called ticked, and then a preset selected and/or individual settings changed.

I check if applied correctly, by checking one of the libtorrent settings in the 'actual' columns or whatever called, under preferences > ltconfig, e.g. connection_speed is default at 20 and I have it at 500 as per the high-performance-seed preset etc. Same with the connections_limit, at '8000' here, meaning is working and not default.
fizzle
New User
New User

Post by fizzle »

mhertz wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:13 am The bottom left don't change, but don't worry, still works and overrides deluge's own settings.
Thanks for your answer! Was a bit spooked because i had a problem installing initially. :)
Ognisty321

Post by Ognisty321 »

Hi, I'm using this plugin with newest Deluge. I set it to High Performance Seed, apply on startup is checked as well, but when I restart the program it's Pre-Itconfig settings instead of what I selected before. Is it normal behavior?