[Plugin] Auto Remove Plus v2.0.0

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
basher
Leecher
Leecher

Re: [Plugin] Auto Remove Plus v2.0.0

Post by basher »

Has someone else having problems meeting their tracker's minimum seed time requirement using this plugin?
Don't think issue is with the plugin itself, but either with trackers disagreeing with Deluge on the actual seeding time, or how Deluge defines the seed_time property.

Note this tracker starts counting seeding time from the moment torrent has been downloaded.
Querying docker-console for info also suggests that deluge does differentiate between seeding time & active time:

Code: Select all

Seed time: 6 days 01:50:46 Active: 6 days 01:54:52
-------------------------------------
My tracker requires minimum 7days of seed time. ARP.conf has following rule:

[
    "or", 
    "func_seed_time", 
    169      <-- note this is 7days + 1hour for buffer
  ]
Yet tracker lists following torrents as hit-and-runs:

Downloaded	Uploaded	Ratio	Seeding Time	
   27.3 GB 	11.68 GB 	0.43 	6 days, 23 hrs, 54 mins, 7 secs 	
   35.91 GB 	8.43 GB 	0.23 	6 days, 23 hrs, 57 mins, 18 secs 	
   29.44 GB 	10.7 GB 	0.36 	6 days, 8 hrs, 53 mins, 30 secs     <--- some 15hours of seed time unaccounted for???
From the logs I gather the first item in that list was added to Deluge at 2021-10-08 18:45:16, and removed by plugin at 2021-10-15 20:15:27. This suggests the 169hour config is honored properly. Can't confirm whether the torrent was originally downloaded fast enough to fit into the hour buffer, but as shown above, deluge already appears to start counting seeding time after download has completed, so configuring the rule at exactly 168h (=7days) should work as well.

What's the rub here? How to deal with it?

Edit: I think it might have to do with tracker announce lagging behind, and torrents getting deleted before next tracker update, hence tracker is unaware of the latest seeding statistics. This could explain the torrents that are missing 5-20mins of seed time. What's up with the one that's missing 15hours is still a puzzle.

Reannouncing tracker just prior to removing torrent could be an option here. this thread offers some hints.

Edit2: it's not that, at least not only.
Having rules

[
        "or", 
        "func_ratio", 
      ], 
      [
        "or", 
        "func_seed_time", 
      ]
A torrent removal was still triggered with following debug msg:
seed_time: [593991], ratio: 3.84631248474 # that's 164.9975 hours of seed time
Need to investigate further as to why the rule is triggering.
Edit3: the debug msg above was due to torrent stats being queried after it had been removed. Think calling libtorrent's force_reannounce() solves the premature torrent removal problem.
basher
Leecher
Leecher

Post by basher »

@mhertz, any idea what's the proper way of accessing finished status in Deluge 2?
Torrents still have is_finished attribute on them, but it's unclear whether it's kept as up-to-date as querying via

torrent.get_status(['is_finished'], update=True)['is_finished']
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

To me looks like they should be comparable, when looking through deluge/core/torrent.py.

As said, I'm not very good at this, but looks like the deluge2 introduced 'update' flag of get_status() which updates 'self.status' isnt even used here regardless, as is_finished through get_status() gets queried from self.is_finished from _create_status_funcs(), which translates to self.state.is_finished. Honestly I'm getting confused looking through it all and keep blanking out upon what is what after little time lol, regarding deluge and it's libtorrent interactions, but I think both is fine, and as said, even without the 'update' flag in get_status() then is_finished goes through another route anyway I think, so not using old values which would make sense also for something like is_finished, but again take with grain of salt, and I apologize in advance if saying something ludacris.

I don't know which most propper neither - personally I always used the get_status one(the few times I've done such, that is), but just because first one I learned, or somewhat learned more appropriately formulated :)

Anyway, good question :)
Wicked0ne
New User
New User

Post by Wicked0ne »

I can't seem to get this plugin to fully work. I have set the following rules:
check interval: 1
max torrents: 0
min free space: 10
remove by: ratio: 2 OR seed time: 240(10 days)
Unchecked exempted torrents count towards min
Unchecked remove torrents

I'm running deluge in docker(linux servers deluge) and access it via webui. Deluge version 2.0.5-0 and Python 3.8.10 with plugin AutoRemovePlus-2.0.0-py3.8.egg. I have been the plugin for a few days now and checking some older torrents I see several torrents with a seed time of 12+ days and have checked they are not exempted.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

And you have under 10 GiB free space too? (as per your specifically defined criteria for such)
Wicked0ne
New User
New User

Post by Wicked0ne »

mhertz wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:03 pm And you have under 10 GiB free space too? (as per your specifically defined criteria for such)
I have more than 10GB free. I thought that was a special global rule that was sperate from the other rules since it was the default. I'll try changing that rule
timelesspa
New User
New User

Post by timelesspa »

what settings would be best to use for removing on completion?
basher
Leecher
Leecher

Post by basher »

timelesspa wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:29 pm what settings would be best to use for removing on completion?
Hard to say. It's like someone asking "what's best food". It all depends on your wants and needs for removal logic.
takkischitt
New User
New User

Post by takkischitt »

Sorry, this may be a dumb question, but does this plugin override whatever settings are in 'Preferences > Queue'? And, does the plugin settings only apply to torrents added after the settings have been changed?
jro
New User
New User

Post by jro »

Quick request-- can the seed time statistic be exposed in the main UI via a column? I used to have this in Deluge v1 with the SeedTime plugin but it's broken on Deluge v2.