Per-torrent speed settings?

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
Heliologue
New User
New User

Per-torrent speed settings?

Post by Heliologue »

I'm a little disappointed that this didn't make it into 0.5.1: your screenshots page appears to have it for the 0.5.1-dev images.

Is it slated for 0.5.2? 0.6.0? I can't seem to find a ticket for it in trac...
zachtib
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Per-torrent speed settings?

Post by zachtib »

i don't know. AFAIK, libtorrent supports this, but we need to implement it
Former Deluge Developer
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

Heliologue wrote:I'm a little disappointed that this didn't make it into 0.5.1: your screenshots page appears to have it for the 0.5.1-dev images.

Is it slated for 0.5.2? 0.6.0? I can't seem to find a ticket for it in trac...
I might look into adding this for 0.5.2, but it will be low on my list as there are some other things I would like to get finished first.
Hellmark

Post by Hellmark »

This is a feature I'd definitely like to see. I use the snot out of it in Azureus, but, I really want to ditch Azureus since its such a resource hog.
Heliologue
New User
New User

Post by Heliologue »

This didn't make it into 0.5.2 or 0.5.3. Any chance it'll make it into 0.5.4, or will it have to wait until 0.6 or after?
plisk

Post by plisk »

We'll see how it goes. Personally i also want to see this in, so one thing is for sure - we'll have this in one of the upcoming releases.
Heliologue
New User
New User

Post by Heliologue »

Thanks, plisk. I don't mean to sound like a whiny user (e.g. "Waaah! Why don't you have feature X? You suck!"): I appreciate all the hard work you devs have put into Deluge.
laughingLoki
New User
New User

Post by laughingLoki »

When we're talking about per-torrent speed settings, do we mean:

(1) that we want to be able to select a particular torrent we're already downloading and set its speed settings, or
(2) that we want to be able to set a global per-torrent speed setting so no particular torrent goes beyond a certain speed?

I would look forward to both, particularly (2). It would also be nice if there were a setting akin to (2) but for per-torrent connections, so one torrent doesn't hog all of the global connections.

You guys are doing an amazing job, and it's great to see all the new features that are added in each release.
Heliologue
New User
New User

Post by Heliologue »

Loki,

I don't know about anybody else, but I was referring to setting speed limits for individual torrents. I hadn't given much thought to a "global per-torrent" setting, but I suppose that isn't so difficult to do once the logic is in place for local per-torrent limits.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Heliologue wrote:Loki,

I don't know about anybody else, but I was referring to setting speed limits for individual torrents. I hadn't given much thought to a "global per-torrent" setting, but I suppose that isn't so difficult to do once the logic is in place for local per-torrent limits.
you can now set speed limits for individual torrents in svn. it's a plugin i wrote called speedlimiter :) enjoy