Feature Request: Add URL Button

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
gregf
New User
New User

Feature Request: Add URL Button

Post by gregf »

Would be great if future versions would have an add url button in the toolbar. If not by default maybe a customize toolbar option to add it in. Loving Deluge keep up the great work.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Feature Request: Add URL Button

Post by markybob »

gregf wrote:Would be great if future versions would have an add url button in the toolbar. If not by default maybe a customize toolbar option to add it in. Loving Deluge keep up the great work.
you noticed that there's an add url option in the file menu, right? i'd be ok with adding a toolbar button for it, though. hadnt thought of it
gregf
New User
New User

Post by gregf »

Yep, I know about the one under the toolbar menu. Works nicely. Just call me lazy, I hardly ever download a torrent so that is the most used button for me. Call me lazy if you wish. I think it would be nice though. Thanks for the quick response.
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

I wish you good luck in convincing someone to write an add-url-button plugin.
I don't think there is much use to it.

But, If you use the webui and the greasemonkey plugin, you can add a torrent-url in 2 mouse clicks/no c&p.
(and maybe even 1 in the furture)
dev: webui, core, labels | irc:vonck7 |
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

what about adding a drop down menu on the current add torrent button on the toolbar which allows you to select if you're adding a torrent from a file or from a url? That wouldn't waste any more space and it would allow people to do both from the toolbar.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

johnnyg wrote:what about adding a drop down menu on the current add torrent button on the toolbar which allows you to select if you're adding a torrent from a file or from a url? That wouldn't waste any more space and it would allow people to do both from the toolbar.
yeah, i like it
gregf
New User
New User

Post by gregf »

Sounds good to me. I also wondered about being able to either pick a file or enter a url in the same dialog box something like azureus does as well. Just a another idea. I think a small drop down under the current add though is the quickest fix for sure.