Feature: Download folder option

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
hapEcat
New User
New User

Feature: Download folder option

Post by hapEcat »

Need a default option, or check box, to place the download in the same folder as the torrent, unless otherwise specified, without having to navigate a maze of folders, for the torrent, and then again for the actual download itself.
Some forethought is needed before the torrent is added, for as soon as it's added, the downloading starts. Now the download must be stopped, in order to change the destination folder.
Not everyone places all their downloads "hodge podged" in their "Downloads" folder, but to its final folder, be it a separate data partition, storage flash drive, specific folder, etc.
15" - HP 15-f271wm Laptop
Shared DATA partition
Processor : 2.16GHz Intel Pentium N3540 64-bit Quad Core
RAM : 8GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 DIMM)
Graphics : Intel HD graphics (Bay Trail)
SSD : ADATA SU760 (512GB)
Pyrrhic

Re: Feature: Download folder option

Post by Pyrrhic »

Are you aware of the option to label downloads so they're automatically moved on completion? E.g. I have a 'TV' label and anything with that label gets moved from /Incomplete to /TV/ once complete. It's not exactly what you want, but it honestly probably works out better - it's quite useful to know that anything in /Incomplete is...well, incomplete (and conversely that anything in /TV, /Films, etc. are definitely finished downloading).
ambipro

Re: Feature: Download folder option

Post by ambipro »

You can already save preset directories for click referencing/selecting among your downloads...I'm not sure what difference a "checkbox" would offer.

I suppose if you don't put your torrents in the same place, this would afford you some ease of use, but I don't know if this is really something Cas would pursue. It seems very niche, and most use cases would be met with this already available feature I mentioned.

Simply click the box I show and add directories you wish to save and quickly reference. Next time, click the same box, and double click which one you want.

Add a feature request on github, though, as well - if you really want the feature.