[Feature Request] - Support automatically blocking spy IPs

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
ellis
New User
New User

[Feature Request] - Support automatically blocking spy IPs

Post by ellis »

Or in other words support privacy protection.

What I am calling a spy IP is a client that connects to you and doesn't participate in the file sharing. It won't accept content but more likely won't give content.

Given websites like this that monitor your activity on torrents:

https://iknowwhatyoudownload.com/

It would be great to have built in optional protection. There should be a way to detect these spy IPs.

I'm not familiar enough with how torrents work but it would be something like detecting which IPs are not serving any content or which IPs are not downloading any content and block those IPs from connecting to you. There can be different levels of protection, aggressive or more relaxed. Aggressive would be just straight block any IP with that won't serve content within 1 minute.

It would be great to list them and give a warning, where you can manually see which IPs are the suspect spy IPs.

Something similar would be if Deluge can estimate your bandwidth and when you are downloading/uploading a torrent it can know that you are about at that limit and therefore block all other IPs from connecting to you.
Shryp

Re: [Feature Request] - Support automatically blocking spy IPs

Post by Shryp »

There is a blocklist plugin that might kind of help you.

As for seeing some peers not doing anything, it could be possible they have only downloaded 1 or 2 files out of a large torrent and therefore don't want any of your content and don't have any of the content you want.
neo

Re: [Feature Request] - Support automatically blocking spy IPs

Post by neo »

Shryp wrote:There is a blocklist plugin that might kind of help you.
Negative, I'm using a block list and that site still works.

I'm almost positive they are monitoring via DHT which is designed to be a very open and public protocol.

Good news is, DHT is disabled by default on private trackers.