Android thin client

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
mishagale
New User
New User

Android thin client

Post by mishagale »

For a while now, I've been pondering creating a native Android client for deluged (because transdroid never seems to work reliably for me). The first version would probably be *very* simple, just a way to add a torrent from a file or magnet link, but eventually I'd like a UI that will list torrents in the session, and allow pausing, resuming, and deleting them. Maybe someday in the far distant future, it'd achieve feature-parity with the python client, but walking before running.

It should at least theoretically be possible, since there are a couple of Java implementations of rencode, although I haven't tested to see how good their compatibility with the Python implementation is. Fortunately, most of the RPC calls don't involve hugely complex data structures.

My questions are:
  • Is this the most complete/up-to-date documentation of the RPC API? https://deluge.readthedocs.io/en/develop/core/rpc.html
  • Has anyone actually tried this yet? Is there any existing code?
  • How much is the 2.x RPC interface different to the 1.3.x interface? Is it just that 2.x has a length header before the compressed, rencoded data?
  • Does anyone want to talk me out of this..?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Android thin client

Post by Cas »

Have you seen Trireme: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=55002

The 2.x RPC is not so different but was made backwards incompatible when new features were added. Yes the header change was to add message length: https://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/c ... 1991efe1d9
mishagale
New User
New User

Re: Android thin client

Post by mishagale »

Trireme is certainly news to me, looks very cool. I'll check it out, and if I still have needs it doesn't meet, I can always submit a PR :)