[Feature Request] Magnet Links: Torrent data should be downloaded even if the torrent is paused

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
SunChaser
New User
New User

[Feature Request] Magnet Links: Torrent data should be downloaded even if the torrent is paused

Post by SunChaser »

Currently if you add magnet link in a paused state, even the torrent data is not downloaded
As I see, one of the common scenarios for starting a torrent in a paused state is to select the files first, even before the space allocation. Currently it is impossible with magnet links with Deluge because you don't have a list of files on that stage. Many clients treat pause in this way - they download the torrent by magnet link and then don't start the actual download of the files

So requested feature is: Add (as default algorithm for pause or as an option) ability to download torrent data by magnet link without starting the download itself
hasteiswaste
New User
New User

Re: [Feature Request] Magnet Links: Torrent data should be downloaded even if the torrent is paused

Post by hasteiswaste »

Seeing as many other clients do this (even Transmission), I would also like to see this! I want to stop using websites for converting magnet links to torrent files.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: [Feature Request] Magnet Links: Torrent data should be downloaded even if the torrent is paused

Post by Cas »

I have added a feature to develop branch that fetches the files in the Add Torrent dialog