Is Deluge development dead?

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
mah_maciel
New User
New User

Is Deluge development dead?

Post by mah_maciel »

I use this client and I love it but it's been a year since the last release. When will next builds arrive? I'm starting to get worried about the software's security since it hasn't been patched for a long time.
Thanks.
mhertz

Re: Is Deluge development dead?

Post by mhertz »

Nope, last change is 44 min. old ;) You can always check here: https://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/log/?h=develop

However, the windows builds is lacking I believe, as it's pretty much a one-man show currently, and manually building windows packages isn't of the biggest priority, and it would be nice if someone in the community, and windows user, would offer unofficial builds periodically. I just checked quickly, but didn't find any, sorry.

Edit: I don't believe there's any outstanding security-related issues, even for latest v1.3x stable, as Cas seems to be pretty good with that, if i'm not mistaken.
mah_maciel
New User
New User

Post by mah_maciel »

Oh I see.. Sorry. I was confused since the homepage says the last release was May 2017.
robotchicken
New User
New User

Post by robotchicken »

I have the same question. Looking at the link, It seems about 7 months have gone by without a commit.
Jouver
New User
New User

Post by Jouver »

I think it's dead. That's why I switched to qBittorrent. It is based on the Qt toolkit. I prefer Qt creator over C++ builder. qt development - if you're considering switching too.
aslangencer
New User
New User

Post by aslangencer »

We can resurrect it if we support the developers. I chipped in. We need only a few more people to chip in to keep the project alive.
Please see the bottom of the page for Patreon link: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Dev ... ntributing

I'm happy to support andar if he provides a link as well.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Cas committed some merged PRs a few days ago to the development-branch so not abandoned :)

Plus, as stated above by aslangencer, then Cas has a patron for one day a month deluge coding with stated goal of 150 usd and currently on 126 usd, so as stated, close. To be honest I haven't, and very rarely even torrent lol, but thanks alot to aslangencer and the 47 other awesome patrons who did.

https://www.patreon.com/deluge_cas
burny
New User
New User

Post by burny »

Jouver wrote:I think it's dead. That's why I switched to qBittorrent. It is based on the Qt toolkit. I prefer Qt creator over C++ builder. qt development - if you're considering switching too.
Thanks. Tried it, works well on Raspberry Pi 4.