shamael wrote:not many but we exist :)
any ideas how to install this ?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge 2.0 Beta 1

Post by shamael »

I guess with the dev PPA https://launchpad.net/~deluge-team/+arc ... u/develop/
and the procedure to add the PPA in your source (see the wiki).
DarkVodka34
New User
New User

Post by DarkVodka34 »

I did try that didn't work im on debian.
highvoltage
Leecher
Leecher

Post by highvoltage »

Hi Cas, could we inform how the Deluge 2 progress is ? I would like to know if the upgrade process for Python 3, do we have any news?

we will have an update for 1.3.16 or we will go to version 2.0 ? libtorrent-1.1.7 Will it be 100% compatible?

looking forward to a new release

Thanks very much !!!
jeps
Leecher
Leecher

Post by jeps »

Any plan on updating the Windows edition?
I see several updates for the Linux version lately but none for the Windows edition.

FYI:
I am using an Ubuntu based Daemon and using Windows edition as Thin Client for the GUI.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

The console-frontend(all I use) is quite impressive in deluge v2.0 beta2, but I wish it was more stable honestly. The 'p' command for preferences don't work, deleting a file get splattered defferred errors over screen, entering command-line mode with 'l' doesn't let you exit it with escape, so I don't know how to go back to normal mode, pressing rightarrow gets defferred errors splattered again over screen. Note, i'm not complaining and am much grateful for all of Cas's efforts, truly, but currently I would be sad to leave the v1.3x for the v2.0b. The console-interface is more of in alpha stage imho. Sadly i'm not talented enough to fix these issues myself and post pull-requests, but just wanted to atleast make aware of these issues, if weren't already(?). I briefly tested the GTK UI with no issues found, and which I guess/understand is the main-effort, besides deluged of-course. Thanks again for the great work and dedication presented with this nice project :)

Ohh, last thing, I would make a recommendation/request for adding an option for enabling libtorrent's announcing to all trackers setting, like in most other clients, e.g. qbittorrent and utorrent etc. This is an important option to get more peers to connect to(i've seen before e.g. getting only 2 peers from first tracker, and if having announce to all trackers enabled, then the next tracker connected gives 100 more! Which you'd completely miss as of now currently), and I feel it's a little "overkill" to need ltplugin for setting just this one simple standard option. Thanks.
Neocazen
New User
New User

Post by Neocazen »

Torrents are not renamed in the menu when renamed in files.
  In 1.3.15 it is possible.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, just wanted to report that some of my issues posted with deluge-console where my own ignorance, sorry! :) For example, it doesn't connect by default, so when running non-interactively:

Code: Select all

deluge-console rm --remove_data -c arch*
and fails with password doesn't match, then it's obviously because I need to instead run:

deluge-console "connect localhost; rm --remove_data -c arch*"
Escaping command-line mode, can be done by entering 'gui'.

First now noticed there is a console.conf now too, nice :)

Lastly, as said before, when pressing 'p' which should open preferences, instead displays "Unhandled error in deferred:", and deleting a file from console-gui shows this(or sometimes also just by adding a file - I tried for this test to change from urxvtc to gnome-terminal, since I previously saw a case where the cli-app was shown better there, because of whatever, but nothings changed from urxvtc, which is obvious though, as it's a python issue):
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (298.86 KiB) Viewed 8748 times
To catch the deferred error upon trying to enter preferences and otherstuff, then i captured the following from debug logs of console(nothing of interest in deluged.log):

01:09:42.552 [DEBUG   ][deluge.ui.console.main                                :265 ] Setting console mode: TorrentList
01:09:53.661 [DEBUG   ][deluge.ui.console.main                                :265 ] Setting console mode: Preferences
01:09:53.676 [CRITICAL][twisted                                               :154 ] Unhandled error in Deferred:
01:09:53.678 [CRITICAL][deluge.log                                            :93  ] twisted.internet.defer 
[Failure instance: Traceback: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: argument 1 or 3 must be a ch or an int
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/transfer.py:120:_handle_complete_message
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/client.py:127:message_received
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:459:callback
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:567:_startRunCallbacks
--- <exception caught here> ---
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:653:_runCallbacks
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/modes/preferences/preferences.py:137:on_get_config
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/modes/preferences/preferences.py:207:refresh
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/modes/preferences/preferences.py:169:_draw_actions
]
01:10:00.500 [ERROR   ][deluge.ui.console.modes.basemode                      :1207] argument 1 or 3 must be a ch or an int
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/modes/basemode.py", line 207, in doRead
    self.read_input()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/modes/preferences/preferences.py", line 334, in read_input
    self.refresh()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/modes/preferences/preferences.py", line 207, in refresh
    self._draw_actions()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/modes/preferences/preferences.py", line 169, in _draw_actions
    self.stdscr.hline(self.rows - 3, self.sidebar_width, '_', self.cols)
TypeError: argument 1 or 3 must be a ch or an int
01:10:04.099 [ERROR   ][deluge.ui.console.modes.basemode                      :1207] argument 1 or 3 must be a ch or an int
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/modes/basemode.py", line 207, in doRead
    self.read_input()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/modes/preferences/preferences.py", line 334, in read_input
    self.refresh()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/modes/preferences/preferences.py", line 207, in refresh
    self._draw_actions()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/modes/preferences/preferences.py", line 169, in _draw_actions
01:10:07.681 [ERROR   ][deluge.ui.console.modes.basemode                      :1207] argument 1 or 3 must be a ch or an int
    self.read_input()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/modes/preferences/preferences.py", line 300, in read_input
    self.refresh()
    self._draw_actions()
01:10:11.890 [ERROR   ][deluge.ui.console.modes.basemode                      :1207] argument 1 or 3 must be a ch or an int
    self.read_input()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/modes/preferences/preferences.py", line 300, in read_input
    self.refresh()
    self._draw_actions()
01:10:13.002 [ERROR   ][deluge.ui.console.modes.basemode                      :1207] argument 1 or 3 must be a ch or an int
    self.read_input()
    self.refresh()
    self._draw_actions()
01:10:13.500 [ERROR   ][deluge.ui.console.modes.basemode                      :1207] argument 1 or 3 must be a ch or an int
    self.read_input()
    self.refresh()
    self._draw_actions()
01:10:13.911 [ERROR   ][deluge.ui.console.modes.basemode                      :1207] argument 1 or 3 must be a ch or an int
    self.read_input()
    self.refresh()
    self._draw_actions()
01:10:14.941 [ERROR   ][deluge.ui.console.modes.basemode                      :1207] argument 1 or 3 must be a ch or an int
    self.read_input()
    self.refresh()
    self._draw_actions()
01:10:15.482 [ERROR   ][deluge.ui.console.modes.basemode                      :1207] argument 1 or 3 must be a ch or an int
    self.read_input()
    self.refresh()
    self._draw_actions()
01:10:15.990 [ERROR   ][deluge.ui.console.modes.basemode                      :1207] argument 1 or 3 must be a ch or an int
    self.read_input()
    self.refresh()
    self._draw_actions()
01:10:16.277 [ERROR   ][deluge.ui.console.modes.basemode                      :1207] argument 1 or 3 must be a ch or an int
    self.read_input()
    self.refresh()
    self._draw_actions()
Please post back if you're not experiencing this, so I know if it is something on my end/setup and not a general issue, thanks. (On the beta, please run deluge-console and try if pressing 'p' works and try deleting a torrent from command-line with 'rm' and see if that works without printing an error like with me.)
jeps
Leecher
Leecher

Post by jeps »

Hi.

I have on and off been testing this client.
The last couple of weeks I have seen some very unwanted behaviour.

1: Deluge simply crashes, not only Deluge but the whole Linux machine comes to at complete stop/is frozen.
This doesn't happen with similar clients (eg. qBittorrent 4.2.0 alpha).
It works okay for a while, but then without any warning simply stops.
I can't really tell the exact build in which the problem started.
I have experienced it on Ubuntu 18.04 and 16.04.

2: I am experiencing some issue with the listening port.
I always forward the port in my hardware FW, and hand-pick the the port in Deluge.
About the same time "issue 1" started, I got this problem that Deluge simply picks another port.
And I cant do anything about it.
If I am lucky a complete restart of the Linux machine will make Deluge surrender, but more often it doesn't.

Is this known issues?