Deluge 2.0 Beta 1

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
boomclick

Re: Deluge 2.0 Beta 1

Post by boomclick »

ElectronicWar wrote:Trying to build Deluge 2 from Git develop on Debian Stretch (raspbian).
I had 0 issues building 1.3 from source for many years now, but 2.0 fails on me.

Trying to use the develop PPA fails as it requires the libssl1.0.0 package to be version 1.0.2, but debian has libssl1.0.2 for that.

Beside that it gets warnings from lextab/slimit and boost, but those do not break the compile progress.

Am I missing something?

Code: Select all

import libtorrent
libtorrent.version
returns 1.1.1.0, so the python package is available and working.
you need libtorrent >=1.1.2 for deluge 2. the develop repo https://launchpad.net/~deluge-team/+arc ... u/develop/ has 1.1.3 fresh for armhf. to install on the pi, i appended "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian jessie-backports main contrib non-free " to /etc/apt/sources.list. then i installed libssl1.0.0 from jessie-backports with "sudo apt-get -t jessie-backports install libssl1.0.0". then it let me install deluge 2 properly. i used the xenial version of deluge 2 on my pi, although others may work.
ElectronicWar
New User
New User

Post by ElectronicWar »

boomclick wrote:you need libtorrent >=1.1.2 for deluge 2. the develop repo https://launchpad.net/~deluge-team/+arc ... u/develop/ has 1.1.3 fresh for armhf. to install on the pi, i appended "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian jessie-backports main contrib non-free " to /etc/apt/sources.list. then i installed libssl1.0.0 from jessie-backports with "sudo apt-get -t jessie-backports install libssl1.0.0". then it let me install deluge 2 properly. i used the xenial version of deluge 2 on my pi, although others may work.
Thank you, I would have never found out that I would need a jessie-backports package for stretch...
After this I have successfully used the Artful PPA to upgrade libtorrent and install deluged.

Thank you!
boomclick

Post by boomclick »

your welcome. an assist goes to shamael, who taught me the trick. also, i'm curious which version will work best on my pi. xenial seems to work better than zesty. i hear you say artful works as well. i'm interested which version works best with current raspbian and why. does it have to do with kernel version? what other factors would influence which version of deluge 2.0 works best on raspberry pi?
Ansem

Post by Ansem »

Any news about Deluge 2? Also there is any hope for an easier way to enable thin clients? The classic way it's kindy complicated for me, I think that it should be done directly from the webinterface, without the need to manually edit a file via ssh.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Wow, just tested out deluge 2.0 for the first time, and i'm extremely impressed, great job Cas indeed! :)

The console frontend is crazy! :) I didn't even knew this, I quickly glanced the code one time, just to check for new commands without needing installing it, and just thought there was added two new commands or something, lol... At first I was disappointed, because one of the things I loved with deluge's console-frontend, is that I could from a terminal e.g. get info for only, lets say an arch-linux iso, with just 'deluge-console info a' if that was the only torrent in the list beginning with 'a', as there's no tab-completion of torrent-names from the terminal(though now there is from the curses-gui), or delete it with 'deluge-console rm a', but I found out that it's now just needing 'deluge-console rm -c a*'. Nice! :) I had an issue with not beeing able to delete anyway from the terminal, because an error stated the password didn't match, but it works from the curses-gui, so I think it's my own issue(?), and need to read up on that multi-user/password thingy newly introduced... When deleting from the curses-gui there's python-errors splattered over the screen, but the torrent is deleted anyway. There's few issues also at times during navigating around, or using navigation-commands, with "deffered-errors", but nothing to big in general, and is also a beta still. Oh, this didn't work either, with too many arguments error or something: 'deluge-console rm -c --remove_data a*'.

The gtk gui is great too, with the new filter addition, and performance-improvements and finally, my pet-peeve, the two checkboxes for force-proxy/annonymous-mode under proxy ;)

Thank you so much! :)
highvoltage
Leecher
Leecher

Post by highvoltage »

Hey Cas, I look forward to seeing some update Deluge 2.0, I know your time is short, but could give us any news about the development

Thank you so much!
evilvibes
New User
New User

Post by evilvibes »

Deluge 2.0 looks awesome cant wait for the final release! Keep up the good work.

Edit: If people are wondering how far along 2.0 is have a look here: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/roadmap
evilvibes.com - bittorrent client ip tracker site
Neocazen
New User
New User

Post by Neocazen »

If you rename the file, the name does not change in the main panel
extasy
New User
New User

Post by extasy »

A question is this project dead? No development in almost a year?
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Spadge »

extasy wrote:A question is this project dead? No development in almost a year?
There was an update on the 2.0 beta in December. Unless an announcement is made, assume it's in a quiet phase but still alive-alive-oh.