Deluge 2.0 Beta 1

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
mhertz

Re: Deluge 2.0 Beta 1

Post by mhertz »

It seems that 'git://deluge-torrent.org/deluge.git', as I used originally with 'bin/pip2 install git+git://deluge-torrent.org/deluge.git' also points to deluge's git-develop branch and not git-master(which is 97 commits away from git-develop currently).

Anyway, when installing deluge-git from the AUR which is using git-develop branch(I checked), then when pressing 'p' in the console-UI, the preferences pane do show up after the initial unhandled deferred error(after second press 'p'), but only the first 3 categories work(to left) and the rest just shows blank to the right without any settings disposed. However, when installing it in a virtualenv with commands above, so using same deps as globally installed, then it works fine? That, I cannot explain or understand. The only difference is that I install slimit in the virtualenv, but it seems to be same version as the globally installed(when using deluge-git from AUR and not the stable deluge, which doesn't need slimit).

Btw, I looked through the new settings in core.conf and console.conf and hosts.conf, since I find it annoying that deluge-console non-interactive mode isn't loged in by default anymore like it used to with deluge-stable, but I found no options for enabling that. This means that every command need this e.g.:

Code: Select all

deluge-console "connect localhost ; info foo*"
Instead of just:

Code: Select all

deluge-console info foo*
This becomes extra annoying I would guess if needing to query torrents with spaces in also.

Anyway, thanks again Cas for your continued perseverance! :) I'm currently back on deluge myself now "fulltime" again, because I noticed that uTP support is important on public torrents with low seed-count, as many clients favor uTP which rtorrent misses + uTP supports NAT traversal for enabling access to otherwise firewalled peers. The downside to the protocol is reduced speed often compared to TCP connections, but you can set mixed-mode to prefer TCP with ltconfig plugin to mitigate this somewhat, or disable uTP completely if not caring about compatibility with "low-profile" public torrents. Also, it doesn't hurt either that deluge can be made more aggressive than other clients with it's ltconfig plugin. Sorry for momentary sidetracking there, lol :)
dopedangel

Post by dopedangel »

is anyone using deluge 2.0 beta with sonarr and radarr. Previously they didn't work so I never updated deluge but I am planning to clean out my linux install and start fresh with linux mint 19 so if Deluge 2.0 works I would prefer directly installing it.
garyccurtin
New User
New User

Post by garyccurtin »

Updated to the beta from the PPA. Excellent work! :D

Hopefully the PPA will continue to provide updates, and will not be abandoned in favor of this new-fangled Snap thingummy.
vkd108
New User
New User

Post by vkd108 »

Are we getting anywhere near a release date?
VPupkin
New User
New User

Post by VPupkin »

Is this thing supposed to launch on Windows at all? On my computer it didn't (Win7). When starting deluge.exe, nothing happens, just a grey line in the Resource Monitor indicating that the process has already finished working.
Zero22xx
New User
New User

Post by Zero22xx »

Man I hope this eventually sees the light of day with an official release. I've tried other torrent managers in the mean time and none of them seem to offer the same level of flexibility when it comes to renaming torrents and sorting them into folders. I've tried the beta, it was immediately smoother with the amount of torrents I have loaded up and some torrents I've had sitting on my list forever that didn't even manage to download metadata started downloading immediately. But a) I seem to be unable to reorder torrents in my list and b) everything that I renamed no longer reflects that new name in the list, which defeats the whole point of why I renamed things in the first place. So I just ended up going back to 1.3.15.

I hate to think of how many people have stopped using this great program in the mean time because without coming to the forums, it appears that development is about as dead as can be. Maybe the main download page can be updated with some sort of 'coming soon' notice? I never used to have problems with the current version but the more torrents I've added and the larger my list has become, the more troublesome it's become. So I seriously hope this actually happens.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

a) I seem to be unable to reorder torrents in my list
I am not seeing any sorting issues here. What do you mean by reorder?
b) everything that I renamed no longer reflects that new name in the list,
This was part of a change to allowing renaming the torrent, separately from the folder, but probably best to only do that if the torrent name has actually been modified. I'll push a small fix soon.
Zero22xx
New User
New User

Post by Zero22xx »

Cas wrote:I am not seeing any sorting issues here. What do you mean by reorder?
If I press the up or down arrow, for example to move a torrent from #2 to #1, nothing seems to happen. Even right clicking and going into queue>top seems to do nothing at all. To just add to all of this, going into a torrents individual options panel and unchecking 'Auto Managed', then clicking 'apply' seemed to do nothing either but toggling it with the right click menu did work.

I'm not sure if I even used the latest beta though, maybe I should just look for the latest source and compile it myself. I'll try it again and if I still have the same problems, I'll find out where I can find a log file to pass it on to you. I'll also test if it does the same thing if I manually re-add my torrents as opposed to just carrying on with the same data folder as I did before. Apologies that I didn't come prepared with a log in the first place.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

If I press the up or down arrow, for example to move a torrent from #2 to #1, nothing seems to happen.
Perhaps fixed since last tested, not seeing an issue here.
options panel and unchecking 'Auto Managed', then clicking 'apply' seemed to do nothing either but toggling it with the right click menu did work.
Ah I see that bug, I'll push a fix today.
I'll also test if it does the same thing if I manually re-add my torrents as opposed to just carrying on with the same data folder as I did before.
It should be fine to migrate torrents state, remember to keep a backup ;)
kbdserver
New User
New User

Post by kbdserver »

For Linux users who are tired of waiting for hi-dpi version
https://github.com/deluge-torrent/deluge/pull/200