Seed Ratio or time served?

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
Cam.Bennett
New User
New User

Seed Ratio or time served?

Post by Cam.Bennett »

Hi, new here. I have many downloads that stop in the 80%-90% range, and never restart. My guess is that the last seeder reaches the preset seed ratio and poof! Goodbye! I know we can turn the seed ratio off but then I end up with way too many seeds at once. (I am aware that there are many leechers too, but I have unlimited bandwidth, and can support 60-70 seeds without slowing down my overall performance.) Anyway, I was wondering if it would be possible to put in an alternative to seed ratio, something time based, so if I was seeding something I could choose how many days to keep the seed alive after it was last downloaded. That way, I wouldn't turn off a seed in the middle of a download, but eg after 60 days of no activity. Anyway, that's a free idea if you want it.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Seed Ratio or time served?

Post by Cas »

Cam.Bennett
New User
New User

Re: Seed Ratio or time served?

Post by Cam.Bennett »

This has the same problem of not caring how active the seed is. I like to seed if it's needed, and I know deluge keeps track of uploads, I want to be able to turn off a seed when nobody wants it, not when it might be somebody's mid-stream interrupted,