developing deluge

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
dusted
New User
New User

developing deluge

Post by dusted »

I'm new to python, (Ill figure it out) but, there are two things about the source package i don't understand:
If i change a file, and make again, it dosen't seem to recompile, do i have to make clean every time i test some minor edit?
If i run the "deluge" script in the scripts dir, it seems to start up the one that is installed system-wide, do i have to install it every time i change it?

Also, im sorry if what im asking is totally trivial, please be nice to me, thank you :)
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: developing deluge

Post by andar »

dusted wrote:I'm new to python, (Ill figure it out) but, there are two things about the source package i don't understand:
If i change a file, and make again, it dosen't seem to recompile, do i have to make clean every time i test some minor edit?
If i run the "deluge" script in the scripts dir, it seems to start up the one that is installed system-wide, do i have to install it every time i change it?

Also, im sorry if what im asking is totally trivial, please be nice to me, thank you :)
The easiest way would be to do a: python setup.py install everytime you make a change and then just run /usr/bin/deluge to start it.