Adherence to the private flag?

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
dtg
New User
New User

Adherence to the private flag?

Post by dtg »

Does Deluge adhere to it when you use a torrent file that has it set? By that I mean does it only connect to other peers that are listed during the announce by the tracker? I ask because I was connected to a tracker and notice that I was uploading to someone who wasn't listed on the site itself as a peer. I didn't have Peer exchange enabled either... So I'm curious if this was an error on the tracker's part or deluge ignoring the flag. Of course right now Deluge isn't banned from private trackers but it will be if it doesn't adhere to the flag.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Adherence to the private flag?

Post by markybob »

dtg wrote:Does Deluge adhere to it when you use a torrent file that has it set? By that I mean does it only connect to other peers that are listed during the announce by the tracker? I ask because I was connected to a tracker and notice that I was uploading to someone who wasn't listed on the site itself as a peer. I didn't have Peer exchange enabled either... So I'm curious if this was an error on the tracker's part or deluge ignoring the flag. Of course right now Deluge isn't banned from private trackers but it will be if it doesn't adhere to the flag.
yes, we adhere to the flag. not sure what happened there
dtg
New User
New User

Re: Adherence to the private flag?

Post by dtg »

Hmmm well I'm getting upload credit for it. Hes the only peer on the list that I don't see. His IP goes to HK which may mean hes behind the great firewall. Well is there a possibility that he was on the official announce list but stopped announcing to the tracker? Hit and Run so to speak? When deluge does an announce does it get a fresh set of peers or does it concatenate or add them to the list and stockpile more as it goes on?