Few comments (max active torrents, blocklist, encyption)

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
_anonymous_

Few comments (max active torrents, blocklist, encyption)

Post by _anonymous_ »

First of all, sorry my poor english..

I saw "Max active torrents" option in 0.5.5 and it works great, but i think it's better to have 2 different options for active downloads and active uploads. Because leeching uses both down- and upload bandwidth, but seeding uses only upload bandwidth. For example. I have 3 torrents in queue: 2 for download and 1 downloaded. I want to download top (in queue) torrent as fast as possible. "Max active torrents" == 2 starts to download 2 torrents and second torrent will slow down first. With 2 options i can share upload bandwidth between top torrent and downloaded torrent, while download bandwidth is dedicated to downloading torrent.

About blocklist: connecting to tracker and peers starts faster than blocklist loaded. Isn't it not safe? May be it's better to stop all torrents until blocklist is completely loaded, then resume torrents.

Encryption: i enable encryption, but i still see bittorrent traffic in wireshark. I don't know why, but i'm guessing it's because Deluge isn't forbids unencrypted sessions. Fixing it (if this is a bug), or having option "Deny unencrypted connections" would be great.

Thanks for Your work.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Few comments (max active torrents, blocklist, encyption)

Post by markybob »

_anonymous_ wrote:I saw "Max active torrents" option in 0.5.5 and it works great, but i think it's better to have 2 different options for active downloads and active uploads. Because leeching uses both down- and upload bandwidth, but seeding uses only upload bandwidth. For example. I have 3 torrents in queue: 2 for download and 1 downloaded. I want to download top (in queue) torrent as fast as possible. "Max active torrents" == 2 starts to download 2 torrents and second torrent will slow down first. With 2 options i can share upload bandwidth between top torrent and downloaded torrent, while download bandwidth is dedicated to downloading torrent.
probably will eventually
_anonymous_ wrote: About blocklist: connecting to tracker and peers starts faster than blocklist loaded. Isn't it not safe? May be it's better to stop all torrents until blocklist is completely loaded, then resume torrents.
depends on how you think of it. i havent been convinced one way or the other.
_anonymous_ wrote:Encryption: i enable encryption, but i still see bittorrent traffic in wireshark. I don't know why, but i'm guessing it's because Deluge isn't forbids unencrypted sessions. Fixing it (if this is a bug), or having option "Deny unencrypted connections" would be great.
set encryption for outgoing and incoming to forced and it'll all be encrypted between clients. note tracker traffic might still be unencrypted
_anonymous_

Re: Few comments (max active torrents, blocklist, encyption)

Post by _anonymous_ »

Thanks for Your reply.
markybob wrote:depends on how you think of it. i havent been convinced one way or the other.
I'm not sure i understand You. I think it's primary function is to block unwanted connections. On the loading time it's not working, so it's coverage is not 100%.
markybob wrote:set encryption for outgoing and incoming to forced and it'll all be encrypted between clients. note tracker traffic might still be unencrypted
Right. In my language's .po-file it was translated as "Accelerated" (back to the english). Thanks for the hint.