Can I Make A Suggestion?

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
DasFox

Can I Make A Suggestion?

Post by DasFox »

One let me first start out by saying I'm really happy for whoever is developing Deluge.

I'm a Linux geek and I love using and supporting open-source projects like this, that is why I don't like using uTorrent, because I don't care if it's free if it's proprietary, especially with something like filesharing, who knows what's going on behind our backs and how safe they are.

In the progress section of Deluge when you download it's saying 'Downloading 50.2%' as example. Well we all know if we are downloading, seeding or pausing and if you don't then maybe you shouldn't be drinking and downloading, LOL, just a joke. :)

But I hope you see the point here, all you really need to do is just have the icon on the far left change colors and show the pause in it like it does already.

For me the words 'Downloading' don't really show that well, the first few letters is always getting cut off and I personally think it would look more professional if it just shows the number percentage is all.

So to summarize, all we really need is for the icon to change colors showing that we are downloading, pausing or seeding...

If you want to keep it to the same style you have, then maybe you can make the progress bar as it moves slowly from left to right filling it up, just keep it level, meaning not the raised look it has, because anywhere there are these progress bar windows, the progress bar that moves has a raised look to it compared to the section and maybe if the bar just appeared as a color is all moving across the window and not raised it might give a better look in Deluge, at least I think it would. I personally don't like the look of the raised progress bar. In fact I can't recall any software that gives the appearance of the progress bar looking raised, just please make the blue appear level to the rest of the window.

All the progress bars look to old school, since I'm a Linux geek and you know GTK, this looks more like something going back to GTK1.

Just a nice level color, COOL looking color, need to ditch that blue, looks awful, maybe a nice grey hue, or something with some more eye candy appeal would be better.

THANKS

P.S. I hope you don't mind my suggestions, keep up the good work, can't wait for the final. :)