0.5.4 Released

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

0.5.4 Released

Post by markybob »

Hey all...a big thanks goes to Micah for his help during this release.

Here are the changes since 0.5.4RC1:
* Tray tooltip includes session totals
* Pause all/resume all in tray menu
* Peers and Files tabs are now plugins
* New Location plugin
* Fixed ticket #198 - Display peers countries in the Peers tab.
* Fixed ticket #474 - Multiple password prompts displayed

Additional changes since 0.5.3:
* Option to use a random port every time
* Proxy system redone - you can now specify different information for each type of proxy (DHT, peer, tracker, web-seed)
* TorrentPieces plugin to view piece updates and show pieces table per file
* EventLogger plugin to view/log every activity
* SpeedLimiter plugin, which allows you to set speed limits on a per-torrent basis
* New release alerts - Client will inform user if their version of deluge is outdated

http://download.deluge-torrent.org/

EDIT: If you have problems upgrading, remove persistent.state file in ~/.config/deluge
Last edited by markybob on Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Montsegur87

Re: 0.5.4 Released

Post by Montsegur87 »

Good Job!
scrapmetal
Leecher
Leecher

Post by scrapmetal »

Great release. I never thought I would be able to find another client as functionable as Azureus, but you guys have dont it. And no java or excessive resource usage either. It's just really really good. Credit to you all
ubuntu intrepid amd64
ilikechikin

Post by ilikechikin »

Deluge is definitely impressive, I'm almost ready to switch to it from Azureus.

The new plugin to limit up/down speeds on individual torrents doesn't seem to work. I can set it to 1KB/s and the speed will jump to 20KB/s. Also, the limits aren't remembered from session to session, though I figure this wasn't coded into the plugin in the first place. This plugin not working is really the only thing holding me back.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

ilikechikin wrote:Deluge is definitely impressive, I'm almost ready to switch to it from Azureus.

The new plugin to limit up/down speeds on individual torrents doesn't seem to work. I can set it to 1KB/s and the speed will jump to 20KB/s. Also, the limits aren't remembered from session to session, though I figure this wasn't coded into the plugin in the first place. This plugin not working is really the only thing holding me back.
you're right, the plugin was never meant to store data between sessions. i'm not having a problem with the speedlimiter, though. it takes it a few seconds to start shaping the traffic, but then it works fine. does it just spike to 20kB/s and then go back down to whatever you set it to, or does it stay much higher the entire time? also, what if you pick something higher, like 5kB/s, does that work as expected?