0.5.3 Released

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
Tares

Re: 0.5.3 Released

Post by Tares »

eternalsword wrote:For those having problems with queue order, just a couple of questions.
1) Do you have seeds set to queue at the bottom?
2) Do you have a max ratio set?
3) If yes to number one, do you have it set to load new torrents above completed ones?

Edit: also
4) Do any unfinished downloads also appear out of order?
1) No
2) No
3) --
4) --

I had 2 downloads and 2 seeds and which each start of deluge the queue was different each time.
Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala amd64
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

yopnono wrote:
markybob wrote:
medigeek wrote:Er.. you should name the feisty release to a gutsy one, because feisty doesn't have libboost-date-time1.34.0
I found it on packages website, but the dependencies keep being asked for.. libc6, tzdata... Ideas?
http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/libs/l ... time1.34.0
we dont require libboost-date-time1.34.0. at all. our control file says libboost-date-time-dev (>= 1.33.1) which feisty does have. are you mixing your feisty with gutsy stuff? seems like something's wrong on your box
No the control file in the deb say,

Code: Select all

Depends: libboost-date-time1.34.0 (>= 1.34.0~rc2-1), libboost-filesystem1.34.0 (>= 1.34.0~rc2-1), libboost-thread1.34.0 (>= 1.34.0~rc2-1), libc6 (>= 2.6-1), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.2-20070516), libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8e-1), libstdc++6 (>= 4.2-20070516), zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.3.3.dfsg-1), python-support (>= 0.3.4), python (<< 2.6), python (>= 2.4) | python2.4, python-gtk2, python-glade2, python-xdg, python-notify, notification-daemon
Also if you force it to install the deluge will not start because it has been complied for a new version of lib's then the feisty have.
you're right. i found the bug in my packaging script, i'm sorry, it wont happen again. anyway, the feisty debs have been redone and fixed.
eternalsword

Post by eternalsword »

Tares wrote: 1) No
2) No
3) --
4) --

I had 2 downloads and 2 seeds and which each start of deluge the queue was different each time.
Other than those things, nothing has changed about queuing since 0.5.2, and I have not been able to duplicate with four torrents 1 seed and 3 downloading regardless of settings. Will try again with 2 seeds and 2 downloading, but don't foresee any issues. Perhaps this is a problem with one of the released binaries? If you cannot duplicate when compiling from source, we would know for sure.
yopnono
New User
New User

Post by yopnono »

markybob wrote: anyway, the feisty debs have been redone and fixed.
I just downloaded the deb it's still the same.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

yopnono wrote:
markybob wrote: anyway, the feisty debs have been redone and fixed.
I just downloaded the deb it's still the same.
you're talking about feisty debs, right? i think your download was cached somewhere. they're not the same. please try again
eternalsword

Post by eternalsword »

eternalsword wrote: Other than those things, nothing has changed about queuing since 0.5.2, and I have not been able to duplicate with four torrents 1 seed and 3 downloading regardless of settings. Will try again with 2 seeds and 2 downloading, but don't foresee any issues. Perhaps this is a problem with one of the released binaries? If you cannot duplicate when compiling from source, we would know for sure.
I was right, I had no issues with queuing with 2 seeds and 2 downloads regardless of settings, so I'm guessing perhaps a problem with binary release and/or left-over files from a previous install.
Tares

Post by Tares »

eternalsword wrote:
eternalsword wrote: Other than those things, nothing has changed about queuing since 0.5.2, and I have not been able to duplicate with four torrents 1 seed and 3 downloading regardless of settings. Will try again with 2 seeds and 2 downloading, but don't foresee any issues. Perhaps this is a problem with one of the released binaries? If you cannot duplicate when compiling from source, we would know for sure.
I was right, I had no issues with queuing with 2 seeds and 2 downloads regardless of settings, so I'm guessing perhaps a problem with binary release and/or left-over files from a previous install.
There is no such possibility, I always download whole /deluge/ from svn, and make uninstall before installing the new compiled one.

About queue, try with set active torrents to 2 and get 4 downloads, 2 will be paused cause of the active setting and 2 will be downloading. Then try to close and open deluge.
eternalsword

Post by eternalsword »

Tares wrote: There is no such possibility, I always download whole /deluge/ from svn, and make uninstall before installing the new compiled one.

About queue, try with set active torrents to 2 and get 4 downloads, 2 will be paused cause of the active setting and 2 will be downloading. Then try to close and open deluge.
I had tried that (2 downloading, 2 paused) with and without the queue preferences set, and the queue never changed. Not sure why it's not working for you. Like I said nothing has changed in the code for this to happen except for those options that you do not have set. Did you also by chance

Code: Select all

make clean
as well before making again?
plisk

Post by plisk »

Tares: try r1169 in svn and see if this helps.
Tares

Post by Tares »

svn1170 seems to be working fine ;-)