Thinking outside the box - GUI revamp? (Inspired by Transmis

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
VFiend
New User
New User

Thinking outside the box - GUI revamp? (Inspired by Transmis

Post by VFiend »

Deluge is great and much better than the client I formerly used, Transmission, in every way but one, which is the GUI. This is not to nitpick about interface elements, but to note that Deluge is stuck in the same toolbar/list/details pane metaphor that almost every other bittorrent client is.

If you haven't seen Transmission's main window, you can here. It almost reminds me of Firefox's Downloads window a bit. Basically, rather than having toolbars which stretch across the screen or require scrolling, information you care about is intelligently presented to you (do you really need to know what your ratio is before you're done downloading the torrent? Transmission replaces the download speed area with your ratio information when the torrent is completed). It's apparently huge on OS X, which is understandable because it's a great interface concept. To get the equivalent information in Deluge it almost stretches the whole way across my 1280x1024 screen, transmission could be placed to a corner and I could see torrent statuses at a glance.

So I'm just curious whether the Deluge developers have used Transmission and are interested in thinking outside the toolbar/list/details pane torrent client metaphor or not, if you guys haven't seen it I hope it was interesting.
eternalsword

Re: Thinking outside the box - GUI revamp? (Inspired by Transmis

Post by eternalsword »

well, once 0.6 comes out, there can be multiple interfaces, so you can write your own that fits your needs (or try to get someone else to if you can't), as for me, I like current deluge gui.
irfan
Leecher
Leecher

Post by irfan »

eternalsword wrote:as for me, I like current deluge gui.
me too
VFiend
New User
New User

Post by VFiend »

It's not too far off from what I was talking about now that i've cut the columns down, still I'm having some Transmission-GUI-withdrawl, but ah well
plisk

Post by plisk »

VFiend wrote:It's not too far off from what I was talking about now that i've cut the columns down, still I'm having some Transmission-GUI-withdrawl, but ah well
Sometimes we'll do this ticket http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/404 so maybe it will be more comfortable for you then :)