features/requests

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
unko

features/requests

Post by unko »

ok...first off im an idea type of person. i suggest a lot of ideas to numerous sites.

1- when firefox uses deluge to open .torrent files the client should save it also to a selected folder. unlike now where as i have to choose it to kep a copy of it which is very messy because i keep the torrents i deleted...

2- we need to get working on a official RSS feeder

3- i don't know why but look at this (http://www.lookpic.com/files/Screenshot_Deluge.png) see how it cuts off the icons? pretty annoying :[

4- i don't know if anyone knows the one feature that vuze has it actually searches for the folder name and auto checks the data after it finds it. that would be a cool feature to add in. EX: i select my Media/disk/250gb/media and in my media folder i have video,music,games,ect. but what im saying is when i select that on folder "media" it will auto find the torrents data. EX: i import lets say a nitro cirus video named "nitro04.avi"
it will go in and find that media and auto check the data... :]

5- also another cool feature with vuze is it's categoriser we should have one too! EX: when i download video's it automaticaly put it's in my video's folder!

lemme know what you think :]

sorry if you think im over doing it im just suggesting ideas for someone to make it some true!
freddybob

Re: features/requests

Post by freddybob »

2- we need to get working on a official RSS feeder
Totally agree, it seems every time I have an RSS plug-in working the way I want it a new version of Deluge comes along and breaks it.

I think downloading from RSS (podcatching) is an important feature of any modern BitTorrent Client and as such Deluge should be more careful to support it.

My wishlist for an RSS plug-in:
  • * it should be able to identify episodes within the feed and only download new episodes
    * it should be able to filter feed items (e.g. only download items containing the string "720p")
    * it should be able to download each feed to a different specified folder
The old FlexRSS plug-in could do all this.

Deluge is still my favourite BitTorrent client but if I found an alternative that could do the above I would consider changing.

Edit: qBittorrent has built-in RSS handling, Deluge is still my client of choice but...
Last edited by freddybob on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

@freddybob: FlexGet can satisfy your requirements, not an integrated plugin, but it works better than any other RSS solutions I have used. Might want to give it a try if you haven't.
diablo_man5666

Post by diablo_man5666 »

Unrelated to OP other than that this is another feature request:

Could the CLI support the adding of magnet links? Yea the GTKUI will create them for you, but many sites provide already constructed links. I really hate having to fire up my remote frontend on my Windows box when I've got a console open all the time. Also, if the CLI supported magnet links, one could script the crap out their torrent adding.

Just a thought.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

diablo_man5666 wrote: Also, if the CLI supported magnet links, one could script the crap out their torrent adding.
Couldn't you just use the python api if you want to script torrent adds? Seems like the ideal solution.