Ktorrent best of encryption!

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
Joana
New User
New User

Ktorrent best of encryption!

Post by Joana »

This message goes to all the developers of the "deluge. I would say that a "competitor" from its name to exceed the Ktorrent Traffic Shaping done by some ISPs limit the speed of Bittorrent deluge and NO!

Note that according to this site: http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest.php My ISP is "TS" on my connection.

These are the speeds that reached with the deluge:
g2b9qp8mjwn3xrovpftd.png
g2b9qp8mjwn3xrovpftd.png (11.91 KiB) Viewed 5345 times
These are the speeds that reached with the Ktorrent:
b6qsj1hzifrcqfuyxe9.png
b6qsj1hzifrcqfuyxe9.png (28.51 KiB) Viewed 5347 times

Ktorrent is more unstable that deluge but certainly much better in terms of encryption!

I ask the developers déluge they see the code for importing Ktorrent and therefore beyond the deluge Traffic Shaping: D

Is possible to import encryption of Ktorrent for Deluge? Please :D

Best Regards!
loki

Re: Ktorrent best of encryption!

Post by loki »

Next time you should make sure to edit out the names of your active torrents, we don't need to know what you may or may not be downloading.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

what are your encryption settings in deluge?
Joana
New User
New User

Post by Joana »

Sorry for show name of my torrents.

I used this config in deluge:

But i try in "forced" and the result is same.

In ktorrent just enabled encryption and my downloads fly :D

Best Regards!
loki

Post by loki »

Maybe because you are using port 81, is there a specific reason you have to use that port? If not most commonly used ports for bittorrent is in the range 6881-6887, generally a number higher than this is desirable.

You could also try setting the level of encryption to full stream and see if it makes any difference.
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

loki wrote:Maybe because you are using port 81, is there a specific reason you have to use that port? If not most commonly used ports for bittorrent is in the range 6881-6887, generally a number higher than this is desirable.
Yes, it's an odd choice for the announce port, but here the question is download speed, and you can always make outbound connections to pick up seeds.

Another thing I noticed is that Joana is not comparing the same torrents. There's no guarantee to max out when downloading, unless the torrent is well-seeded.

A fair test would be downloading the same torrent with both clients, for example the Ubuntu 8.10 or Debian Lenny torrents. They should be well-seeded by now (I'm seeding in those on my home server and the tracker reports about 2000+ seeders and a limited number of leechers).
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

Perhaps you're simply restricting your upload speed too much and it's slowing down your download speeds, see: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =7&t=11165