Migrate uTorrent to Deluge

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
Cha0s

Migrate uTorrent to Deluge

Post by Cha0s »

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to write a script that will read all the torrents from utorrent and 'add' them to deluge.

The read script is ready i guess (based on some useful posts I found on utorrent forums).
It reads resume.dat from utorrent folder and extracts the info I need to import those data on any other client.

The thing is during the export/import procedure the paths will automatically changed to the linux paths (since utorrent has the old 'windows' paths).
I know (well I guess :P) that everything will have to be force checked again in order for Deluge to start seeding anything but I'm ok with that since it will be an automated process oposed to add over 1000 torrents I have on uTorrent to Deluge :?

So, so far i have the export script from utorrent that gives me all the added torrents I have on utorrent and their paths with the .torrent files.

My question is how can I import all the data I have from the script to Deluge?
Not UI based but cli based (i guess) or even more 'hardcore' to write directly on the Deluge conf files.

I searched a bit the forum and the deluge homepage for clues on how to import torrents without the gui but I didn't find out anything helpful.

The read script works with PHP-Cli and a solution that doesn't involve Python or C would be helpful since I only know PHP :oops:
Any ideas would be appreciated :)

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all :)
Last edited by Cha0s on Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
Cha0s

Re: Help on Script to auto add torrents from uTorrent/BitTorrent

Post by Cha0s »

I did some more searching and I found that torrents.state is the file where the list of loaded torrents on Deluge is.

Any ideas of the format used on that file?
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

It might easiest to just write a UI script: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Development/UiClient

This would be the best way to do it since it could easily be integrated into a plugin later on.. Something like an 'Importer' plugin that the user could use to import sessions from other clients.

But you could write a converter that creates a deluge compatible torrents.state file.. You can find the format of the state file in deluge.core.torrentmanager .. It is saved to disk as a pickled object.

It would be a lot easier to accomplish this using Python.
Cha0s

Post by Cha0s »

Hello,
Thanks for your help.

As I mentioned I don't know Python so forgive me if something I say sounds noob or stupid :P :oops: .

Yesterday I searched a bit more the torrents.state file and it seems I cannot find a way to read or write it with another language than Python.
That pickle thingy I think it's for writing python structured data into a readable format (which according to Python Reference page it does not save disk space since it is not binary).
unpickle does the opossite (if I have understood correctly the whole thing).

The idea to create a plugin would be great but my knowledge is restricted on PHP.
On the other hand I like better the scenario on which I create a new torrents.state file if I can find a way to do that pickle (serialization in PHP) thingy.
That way will give me 'freedom' to add all the torrents exactly the way I need.

Appart from the above method, is there a way to add new torrents to deluge from terminal? (not from the CLI - with which by the way I could not add any torrent whatsoever on version 1.1.0rc1).

If there is such way then there is no need to write the torrents.state file as i could give the terminal commands via my utorrent read script I have ready.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

Cha0s wrote:Hello,
Thanks for your help.

As I mentioned I don't know Python so forgive me if something I say sounds noob or stupid :P :oops: .

Yesterday I searched a bit more the torrents.state file and it seems I cannot find a way to read or write it with another language than Python.
That pickle thingy I think it's for writing python structured data into a readable format (which according to Python Reference page it does not save disk space since it is not binary).
unpickle does the opossite (if I have understood correctly the whole thing).

The idea to create a plugin would be great but my knowledge is restricted on PHP.
On the other hand I like better the scenario on which I create a new torrents.state file if I can find a way to do that pickle (serialization in PHP) thingy.
That way will give me 'freedom' to add all the torrents exactly the way I need.

Appart from the above method, is there a way to add new torrents to deluge from terminal? (not from the CLI - with which by the way I could not add any torrent whatsoever on version 1.1.0rc1).

If there is such way then there is no need to write the torrents.state file as i could give the terminal commands via my utorrent read script I have ready.
This should work (in RC2 or later) and as long as you have the deluged running:

Code: Select all

$ deluge -u console -a 'add <filename>'
Cha0s

Post by Cha0s »

Sounds great!

Where can I get the RC2 version?
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

Cha0s wrote:Sounds great!

Where can I get the RC2 version?
It should be out in the next few hours, we're building the packages as we speak..
Cha0s

Re: Help on Script to auto add torrents from uTorrent/BitTor

Post by Cha0s »

Since, it seems to be an interest on the script I wrote to migrate from uTorrent/BitTorrent to Deluge/Transmission you can download it from here:

Linux (OLD) version
http://www.cha0s.gr/utorrent-to-deluge.rar

Windows (ONLY) version
http://www.cha0s.gr/utorrent-to-deluge0.2.rar

:)
Last edited by Cha0s on Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenwich

Post by greenwich »

Cha0s wrote:Since, it seems to be an interest on the script I wrote to migrate from uTorrent/BitTorrent to Deluge/Transmission you can download it from here:

http://www.cha0s.gr/utorrent-to-deluge.rar

:)
Hello, I tried your script, migrating some torrents from µTorrent to Deluge on a Windows 7 machine.
I got it working after commenting away the linux replacement paths and modifying the add command so that it worked with deluge-console.exe

-u console -a 'add <torrent> --path=<path>'
to
"add -p <path> <torrent>"

but I quickly ran into problems, first it wouldn't allow spaces, so i modified it to

"add -p ""<path>"" ""<torrent>"""

but then I noticed there was still problems, but with special chars like parentheses () and brackets [] in the torrent names and path..
Looks like this:

Real file name: "Music Album (1994) [MP3].torrent"
What the script sends to deluge: "Music Album ^(1994^) ^[MP3^].torrent"
these seem to work though: =-

Any idea how to make it work with special characters?
Cha0s

Post by Cha0s »

Hello greenwich,

I think that by commenting out lines 59 & 67 those ^ characters will go away.
Lines:

$TORRENT_PATH = escapeshellcmd ($TORRENT_PATH);
and

$SAVE_PATH = escapeshellcmd ($SAVE_PATH);
I haven't used Deluge on windows (or PHP for that matter) so I am not 100% sure if that's the problem.

Let me know if that works for you, otherwise I'll set up deluge and php on a windows box to figure it out :)