PLEASE...Give Deluge a "FORCE START"

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
loki

Re: PLEASE...Give Deluge a "FORCE START"

Post by loki »

I think there is still a problem with the auto managed setting, it still stops when it reaches the share ratio. Basically what I would want out of a force start feature is to ignore all set ratio settings and never enter queue if it happens to be running more active torrents than is allowed in the settings.

Unselecting auto managed at this point does neither, therefore not equal to force start at all. Just my thoughts anyway.
ddude

Post by ddude »

I dont think this auto manage stuff is working properly.

I have these set under queue prefs:
Total active: 8
Total active downloading: 3
Total active seeding: 5

When I disable auto manage for 4 torrents and resume them then the 3 original downloading torrents pause and cannot be restarted. The only way to have the 4 unmanaged torrents and the 3 managed torrents going is to set my "total active downloading" to 7. This contradicts what the faq and forum says.

It would be much better to have a simple option on right click of torrents such as what other torrent clients have: "Force Start". It implies what it says. Start this torrent now irregardless of queue restrictions. Maybe even "Ignore queue restrictions" or something easier then this auto managed confusion.
kurinando

Post by kurinando »

I'm testing the version 1.1.6 and the only thing that I don't like is the lack of FORCE START, as the auto managed don't seam to work.

Please developers give it a try.

In the new ajax web ui a new option for FORCE START would be really good.
deluge001

Post by deluge001 »

I'd like to bring back attention to this feature request.
I need a quick switch for a torrent to ignore the "Total active downloading setting". You can call it Force Start or whatever you want.
davidm
New User
New User

Post by davidm »

I kind of agree. If a torrent stops after hitting the seeding limit and I later choose "Auto manage = off" and then hit "resume" the torrent should continue indefinitely and not sit there and do nothing regardless of already passing the seeding limit.

Or perhaps this is more a bug in this case?
Crew
New User
New User

Post by Crew »

...and two more years passed and there is still no "Force start" options even in fresh release.
Sad to know :(