Feature for upload completion ETA

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
loki

Feature for upload completion ETA

Post by loki »

Once a torrent file finishes downloading, I think it should have an ETA for upload completion too, if it's ratio set in the preferences, or the desired ratio plugin.

--> On a separate note... I don't use the desired ratio plugin, personally, I don't think it works. It doesn't stop when it reaches the set ratio. Why would I need that plugin if the preferences has a setting to stop it when it reaches a certain ratio anyway?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Feature for upload completion ETA

Post by markybob »

loki wrote:Once a torrent file finishes downloading, I think it should have an ETA for upload completion too, if it's ratio set in the preferences, or the desired ratio plugin.

--> On a separate note... I don't use the desired ratio plugin, personally, I don't think it works. It doesn't stop when it reaches the set ratio. Why would I need that plugin if the preferences has a setting to stop it when it reaches a certain ratio anyway?
i'd accept a patch for eta upload :)
as far as desired ratio, here http://deluge-torrent.org/faq.php#6n53
loki

Post by loki »

But I still think an upload completion ETA would be nice...
danii
Seeder
Seeder

Post by danii »

loki wrote:Once a torrent file finishes downloading, I think it should have an ETA for upload completion too, if it's ratio set in the preferences, or the desired ratio plugin.
the preferences ratio is global, and the plugin's is a per torrent setting
I think upload completion ETA would be nice but, Desired Ratio plugin doesn't work for me too, is it working for anyone??
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

danii wrote:
the preferences ratio is global, and the plugin's is a per torrent setting
I think upload completion ETA would be nice but, Desired Ratio plugin doesn't work for me too, is it working for anyone??
yes it works. read the url i posted above
danii
Seeder
Seeder

Post by danii »

i read that several times!! isn't the plugin supposed to stop uploading when it reaches the desired ratio?
my torrents only stop uploading when the preferences ratio is reached, plugin's ratio is ignored
I've seen more people with this problem but you keep saying it's working, what do you need to find the problem?
lostincyberspace
Leecher
Leecher

Post by lostincyberspace »

IT doesn't make it remove it makes a ratio
for every 1 kb download it tries to upload 2kb or what ever you set it to
it is not a share ratio it is a desired ratio during downloading not uploading
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

danii wrote:i read that several times!! isn't the plugin supposed to stop uploading when it reaches the desired ratio?
my torrents only stop uploading when the preferences ratio is reached, plugin's ratio is ignored
I've seen more people with this problem but you keep saying it's working, what do you need to find the problem?
no, you're just not understanding it. lostincyberspace is 100% correct
danii
Seeder
Seeder

Post by danii »

lostincyberspace wrote:IT doesn't make it remove it makes a ratio
for every 1 kb download it tries to upload 2kb or what ever you set it to
it is not a share ratio it is a desired ratio during downloading not uploading
thank you for the talking to a 6 year old approach now I finally understand what the plugin does, as a ex-utorrent user I expected it to be share ratio
maybe it should be made more explicit in the FAQ
for me it would be helpful if I could set a per torrent share ratio
sorry for the nagging
lostincyberspace
Leecher
Leecher

Post by lostincyberspace »

I had never looked at it before I saw this thread and in ten seconds (the time it took to read it) I understood it.