Adding new torrent window is missing folder selection

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
Fullpoet
New User
New User

Adding new torrent window is missing folder selection

Post by Fullpoet »

Hi,

In Deluge 1.x, we used to be able to select which parts of the torrent to add via clicking a folder (so all the items would be unselected). This was easily one of the best features as it would help when selecting parts of huge torrents (0.5TB+).

This isn't possible to do now (you have to manually select all files) and the folder structure is no longer collapsible.

Is it possible to bring this feature back?
mhertz

Re: Adding new torrent window is missing folder selection

Post by mhertz »

DjLegolas has submitted PR for this (windows-only) issue - I cannot post instructions for applying DjLegolas's fix to own installed deluge, because file to change is freezed into deluge.exe with pyinstaller.

Anyway, I built deluge 2.1.1 with DjLegolas's PR and if wanted can meanwhile rename old deluge.exe to e.g. deluge-bak.exe and move new exe in place, under '%programfiles%\Deluge'. Again all credit for fix DjLegolas.

deluge.exe - x64

deluge.exe - x86
Fullpoet
New User
New User

Post by Fullpoet »

Thank you very much for your effort! Hopefully its merged soon (for every one else).

(Feel free to close this thread mods)
novelkeny
New User
New User

Post by novelkeny »

Not sure if this is related but in Windows, once a torrent is added, although the directory tree would display correctly in the file panel, if you try to rename a directory inside the torrent, it would only apply to one file under the directory, so that you would have to repeatedly rename the directory to change the directory tree for all files under it.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

novelkeny wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:38 pm Not sure if this is related but in Windows, once a torrent is added, although the directory tree would display correctly in the file panel, if you try to rename a directory inside the torrent, it would only apply to one file under the directory, so that you would have to repeatedly rename the directory to change the directory tree for all files under it.
In what I understand you are saying, I add the torrent in a paused state (there's a checkbox) then go to the "Files" tab, and you can change any of the folder titles that exist in the structure of the torrent, and then once you have them as you like, resume the torrent.

You can do this while the torrent is downloading as well, but it can slow things down substantially for larger torrents or slower drives, so if you know you are going to do this, I just assume do it first before starting the download.

For some reason, and I think this is a bug, when trying to edit the folders from the "Add torrent" menu, you can't really change the structure of the folders the same way, if at all in the case of the parent directory...not sure if this is an oversight or a bug. But my workaround works for me until this is addressed.
kaptainkaffeine
New User
New User

Post by kaptainkaffeine »

Using the deluge.exe with the included DjLegolas fix provided above, the checkboxes are returned to the "Add torrent" menu. However, these checkboxes used to also be present in each individual torrent's File menu. This allowed large torrents with many files and subfolders to be added and initially skipped folders to be easily included afterward. These checkboxes are still missing in the version above.

I upgraded to 2.1.1 because a large (~4TB) couldn't be read by version 1. I only want to download a fraction of this torrent's contents, though, which this issue makes much more difficult to accomplish. Individual files and folders can still be updated, but the checkboxes were a much more clear and simple method (no check, dash for some included, check for all included).
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

kaptainkaffeine wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:08 am Using the deluge.exe with the included DjLegolas fix provided above, the checkboxes are returned to the "Add torrent" menu. However, these checkboxes used to also be present in each individual torrent's File menu. This allowed large torrents with many files and subfolders to be added and initially skipped folders to be easily included afterward. These checkboxes are still missing in the version above.

I upgraded to 2.1.1 because a large (~4TB) couldn't be read by version 1. I only want to download a fraction of this torrent's contents, though, which this issue makes much more difficult to accomplish. Individual files and folders can still be updated, but the checkboxes were a much more clear and simple method (no check, dash for some included, check for all included).
The checkboxes on the torrents in the File menu of active/seeding/downloading torrents are indeed missing, however, if you right-click the files you can choose "Skip" which excludes the file (although partially downloaded files will remain I believe) - this is why I suggested doing this prior to beginning the download in a previous post.

However, this behavior would have been the same in the previous version as well when unchecking a file that had been partially downloaded.