Torrent tries to redownload if files moved...

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
Hund

Re: Torrent tries to redownload if files moved...

Post by Hund »

forkandspoon wrote:
Cas wrote:My initial idea would be to error out if the file was created and is now missing, however using deluge with remote shares or removable storage in a temporary missing state it could be annoying if upon re-establishing the torrents error out.
The way utorrent solves this is if the storage has moved, it errors out and pauses the torrent. You have to manually start it again, where it will then recheck the storage, if it's missing still it errors out and pauses again.
This I think is the best solution.
That would be awesome.
gamerzz
New User
New User

Post by gamerzz »

Yes! it would be an awesome feature. I too have a lot active torrents, into differents machine.
s0undt3ch
New User
New User

Post by s0undt3ch »

zan5hin
New User
New User

Post by zan5hin »

I know I don't pay for Deluge, but seriously, six years and this still hasn't been implemented? I can't tell you how many times since I installed Deluge, that I deleted a file via explorer and then forget to delete via deluge and found that the torrent has started downloading again....
QWIKAG

Post by QWIKAG »

I think this is implemented now "May 2022"
my Files errored out aftyer I move the seeding files by mistake
I wondered why they were errored so I forced a re-check. (FAIL)

I forced a recheck, not knowing what I had done, and it immediately started downloading again.
I fixed it by moving the files back into their seeding position and forcing recheck again.

I could not see a way to fix it while it was downloading, I considering moving the content using deluge into its final resting place.
where it was now residing but I consider that would risk over-writing the good files with the semi-downloaded files and because they were quite large I di not want to damage them and cause a full download again.

And in any case I had re-organised the structure of them renaming folders etc and so I had destroyed the data intrigrity.

So best course of action was to stop the DL, move the proper finished files and put them back in the position they were for the seeding torrent, then Force-Recheck