MultiTracker Torrents

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
mlauzon
New User
New User

MultiTracker Torrents

Post by mlauzon »

I've got a multitracker torrent, but Deluge is only connecting to the one tracker, and as far as I can tell atm Deluge doesn't support MT torrents. The FAQ may say it supports multitracker torrents, if it did it would be cycling through the trackers under Torrent Info like uTorrent does.

So, why is it only hitting the one tracker, I am getting like 1-2KB/sec for my download?!
Michael
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: MultiTracker Torrents

Post by johnnyg »

mlauzon
New User
New User

Post by mlauzon »

Okay, from reading those posts, I've come to one conclusion...Deluge is a useless piece of ****!
lostincyberspace
Leecher
Leecher

Post by lostincyberspace »

Calm down you don't need to get so angry, But I take it you are a utorrent fan I have never liked it my self since I only run Linux for torrents.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

mlauzon wrote:Okay, from reading those posts, I've come to one conclusion...Deluge is a useless piece of ****!
how does following the spec make it a piece of ****?
uTorrent is breaking the norm, so you shouldn't expect every other BT client to do so as well.

as for the multiple trackers, deluge uses the first available one.
so if you make sure the trackers are listed in order from most to least seeder/leacher ratio then there shouldn't be much of a difference if deluge had supported multiple trackers in the way uTorrent does.

if it make you feel any better, from my experience deluge has always outperformed uTorrent in download speed.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Even though the deluge authors have decided against enabling and/or adding options for controlling this(despite its enabled by default on all big alternatives like utorrent, qbittorrent and transmission etc), then luckily we can enable this with ltconfig plugin by Ratanakvlun. Note, he hasn't updated the plugin to support deluge v2 yet, so instead use the fork by JoshDi linked in latest posts of ltconfig plugin-thread here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42887&start=120#p229978

ltconfig.conf:

Code: Select all

{
  "file": 1, 
  "format": 1
}{
  "apply_on_start": true, 
  "settings": {
    "announce_to_all_trackers": true, 
    "announce_to_all_tiers": true
  }
}