deluge prefs listed in plugin prefs dialog + deluge won't qu

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
SatNav

deluge prefs listed in plugin prefs dialog + deluge won't qu

Post by SatNav »

Hi - some strange bugs going on here, I'm quite surprised they don't seem to have been discussed yet. (correct me and call me a damn fool if I'm wrong!)

This has been happening to me for the past two or three versions. First off, everything seems ok. But when I open the plugins dialog, then open the preferences dialog for the RSS broadcatcher plugin I'm working on, instead of a list of RSS feeds, I get a list of my deluge preferences. Just like this:

After this happens, deluge *will not* quit, short of manually ending the process, and the only way to fix it is to clear out ~/.config/deluge . Once I've done this, everything is fine again, but as soon as I go into the plugin preferences, it all starts up again.

You may say this is a bug with my plugin, and I won't deny there's a good chance. But I based the code for the feed list off the torrent search plugin. And the frst time I saw this behaviour, it was in the list of torrent search engines within that plugin's preferences. Now those preferences seem to have been disabled, but the same thing is happening with my plugin.

This seems to be a semi-serious bug to me. Not a show-stopper, but not far off. FYI, I'm using deluge 0.5.1 on Feisty, amd64.

PS. Not complaining - deluge is an awesome prog, definitely the best native linux torrent client I've found. The only real problem for me here is that until this is solved, my RSS plugin is pretty much going nowhere since I can't properly test it.
andrewski

Re: deluge prefs listed in plugin prefs dialog + deluge won't qu

Post by andrewski »

Are you still having this problem in 0.5.3?

EDIT: I didn't realize you were the author of the RSS plugin, but have since seen that on the forum. I suppose you've figured this out by now. :oops: LOL
plisk

Re: deluge prefs listed in plugin prefs dialog + deluge won't qu

Post by plisk »

SatNav wrote:Hi - some strange bugs going on here, I'm quite surprised they don't seem to have been discussed yet. (correct me and call me a damn fool if I'm wrong!)

This has been happening to me for the past two or three versions. First off, everything seems ok. But when I open the plugins dialog, then open the preferences dialog for the RSS broadcatcher plugin I'm working on, instead of a list of RSS feeds, I get a list of my deluge preferences. Just like this:

[...]

This seems to be a semi-serious bug to me. Not a show-stopper, but not far off. FYI, I'm using deluge 0.5.1 on Feisty, amd64.

PS. Not complaining - deluge is an awesome prog, definitely the best native linux torrent client I've found. The only real problem for me here is that until this is solved, my RSS plugin is pretty much going nowhere since I can't properly test it.
Author of TorrentNotification plugin had the same issues and after he made some tweaks everything started to be OK again, so i guess things you need to do are this:
1. Get the latest 0.5.3 RC2.
2. Look how TorrentNotification plugin deals with preferences and do the same.

Hope this helps.