Deluge does not remember my "settings"

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
MacHaddock
New User
New User

Deluge does not remember my "settings"

Post by MacHaddock »

I run deluge 0.5.4.1 on Xubuntu 7.10 and every time I start deluge I have to move the columns back to where I want them. What gives? Is there a config file I should move from root to my user or something like that?

By the way. Why does the Add/Remove feature in Xubuntu still have the old version of deluge and why doesn't the automatic update feature update deluge?

Thanks for your time and your app by the way.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge does not remember my "settings"

Post by johnnyg »

try upgrading to the latest version (0.5.6.2); the .deb can be found in the download section.
MacHaddock
New User
New User

Post by MacHaddock »

Right. Running the latest version now but I'm still having the same problem.
Hamster

Post by Hamster »

I do have the same problem. MacHaddock did you also upgrade from an older version?
MacHaddock
New User
New User

Post by MacHaddock »

Yes I did
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

try deleting your preferences folder, but beware that this will delete all your settings as well as any torrents that you were downloading (the data won't be deleted, just the torrent(s)).
MacHaddock
New User
New User

Post by MacHaddock »

No that didn't help It still resets the columns to the default position (i.e. the ratio one furthest to the right) when I restart the program.
kngbeavis

Post by kngbeavis »

Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10 x64
Deluge 0.5.6.2

Im also having a similar problem, it affects the preferences and the scheduler plugin. It seems that after a few hours or so the amount of active torrents sets itself to 2 and the bandwidth limit sets itself to 60. I also have the scheduler plugin installed and from what I understand from the configuration page, the two selections for upload and download speeds are to be obeyed during the times I set as limited, and the green will follow the global limit set in the main preferences. The limit I have in the scheduler set is 60k, but I have that limit on the daylight hours only. at night, when I check ,the global preference is set to 60, when I previously had it to -1 unlimited... Am i missing something?
sinner

Post by sinner »

I can also confirm this. I'm using 0.5.7.1 on ubuntu 7.10. Deluge doesn't seem to remember the settings at all.