deluge 0.5.6.2:Lots of seeds, No connections

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
paraver

deluge 0.5.6.2:Lots of seeds, No connections

Post by paraver »

I need some help to get throught this issue.

See the image please...

I can not connect: for example, a torrent with 8776 seeders and 3574 leechers, and I can't download anything...

I'm using deluge-0.5.6.2 (win ver). I never had such problem. I had downgrade, but the problem still the same. I have uninstalled, but it load the same data.

There is any one to help to solve that?

Thanks.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: deluge 0.5.6.2:Lots of seeds, No connections

Post by markybob »

you probably dont have your ports forwarded properly. use the test port button in preferences
paraver

Post by paraver »

Well, it is not the case...

markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

paraver wrote:Well, it is not the case...

do you have encryption enabled? note that i said enabled, not forced. there's a difference :p you should have it enabled for it to work with most peers
paraver

Post by paraver »

The table are in portuguese, but I think the order is the same as english one.

Another issue: How can I make a full uninstall, cleaning every data? I tried to uninstall via windows uninstaller, cleaned appdata folder, deleted the deluge folder in program directory, cleaned the registry, but after the installation it recognize the old presets.

Thanks.
Leecher
Leecher

Post by avatarl »

What connection do you have by the way? I noticed that you have set your upload to unlimited and your overall connections to only 20.
And why is nothing displayed in the Encryption fields?

There's are two deluge folders besides the appdata one I think. One's the installation folder and the other is the config folder, so apparently the latter survived. Just deleted the last one resets all settings.
paraver

Post by paraver »

avatarl wrote:What connection do you have by the way? I noticed that you have set your upload to unlimited and your overall connections to only 20.
And why is nothing displayed in the Encryption fields?

There's are two deluge folders besides the appdata one I think. One's the installation folder and the other is the config folder, so apparently the latter survived. Just deleted the last one resets all settings.
I have an 8MB cable connection.

About the Encryption fields, beside that blank space the other option is to disable.

I have done a fresh new install, after cleanning every all data, it seems to start well. But even choosing english as language, it install the portuguese one (portuguese is my OS default language). The problem related with speed still as before.

Thanks
Leecher
Leecher

Post by avatarl »

Does it open the Setup wizard when you first launch Deluge? Be sure to pick the right upload settings.

The fields shouldn't be blank. If nothing is displayed, it's either a translation omission, or something happened to the settings, and they weren't cleared. I still think you might have missed the configurations folder. Even without uninstalling Deluge, deleting the configuration folder SHOULD reset ALL settings.

As for the installation language, I don't know, it could be a bug.
Last edited by avatarl on Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

Find out your upload speed (either by looking it up or doing a speed test) and then run the configuration wizard (it's under the help menu) and make sure you set your appropriate upload speed.
Note: 8mbps refers to your download line speed, not your upload line speed. You upload line speed is normally severely less (i.e. I have 9.9mbps download line speed but my upload line speed is only 256kbps).

For encryption, it should say enabled not just be blank, so not sure what's going on there...
paraver

Post by paraver »

Avatarl and johnnyg, the setup wizard opened when I first launch Deluge, and fallow all the steps.

The fields are blank as you can see. I deleted every data related with deluge before installing it again: deluge folder, registry, windows user data (searched by "deluge" in my HD). Nothing was missed.

My ISP tells me that my upload speed are 512kbs.

Thank you for your support. This low speed is driving me crazy... :evil: