5.6.0 crashing on Gutsy

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: 5.6.0 crashing on Gutsy

Post by johnnyg »

Murtadh wrote: 2- to make the unfinished files is capable to be redownloaded from the last point, from the same PC or other PC, so if there is a crash or I needed to complete the files in other PC I'll have the ability to fix what I want with out fearing to loose the unfinished torrents.
That's already implemented; all you need to do is specify the same location as before. Deluge will automatically detect what parts have already been downloaded and continue from there.
Murtadh
New User
New User

Post by Murtadh »

johnnyg wrote:
Murtadh wrote: 2- to make the unfinished files is capable to be redownloaded from the last point, from the same PC or other PC, so if there is a crash or I needed to complete the files in other PC I'll have the ability to fix what I want with out fearing to loose the unfinished torrents.
That's already implemented; all you need to do is specify the same location as before. Deluge will automatically detect what parts have already been downloaded and continue from there.
How so? Every time Deluge crashed and needed to be cleaned and reinstalled I gave it the same location I download the files in, but nothing happen !? it gave me a clean list with no torrent files in the program to complete the download to 100%
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

Murtadh wrote:
johnnyg wrote:
How so? Every time Deluge crashed and needed to be cleaned and reinstalled I gave it the same location I download the files in, but nothing happen !? it gave me a clean list with no torrent files in the program to complete the download to 100%
you have to (manually) download the .torrent file (unless u backed it up) but when it prompts you for a download location, specify the same location as the partially downloaded file and it'll detect it.
bb10

Post by bb10 »

Another thing that should be changed in deluge IMO.

The problem lies with torrents that consist of 1 folder and files inside that folder. Say you have a torrent consisting of the folder XYZ and 2 files named 1.ogg and 2.ogg, if you already started downloading this you'll have a folder named XYZ for example: /home/bb10/XYZ

Now if you load that torrent again and you choose that folder again it won't continue but instead it will create another folder: /home/bb10/XYZ/XYZ
That way it'll never see the files you already have, because they are in the other folder : /home/bb10/XYZ/1.ogg and not /home/bb10/XYZ/XYZ/1.ogg
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

bb10 wrote:Another thing that should be changed in deluge IMO.

The problem lies with torrents that consist of 1 folder and files inside that folder. Say you have a torrent consisting of the folder XYZ and 2 files named 1.ogg and 2.ogg, if you already started downloading this you'll have a folder named XYZ for example: /home/bb10/XYZ

Now if you load that torrent again and you choose that folder again it won't continue but instead it will create another folder: /home/bb10/XYZ/XYZ
That way it'll never see the files you already have, because they are in the other folder : /home/bb10/XYZ/1.ogg and not /home/bb10/XYZ/XYZ/1.ogg
if you specify the original folder (/home/bb10/ in the example) it should continue from where it left off. This is because it considers the folder as being part of the filename (i.e it considers having two files: XYZ/1.ogg and XYZ/2.ogg) and you can't specify a different filename and expect it to detect it (well not for the moment anyway).
Murtadh
New User
New User

Post by Murtadh »

you have to (manually) download the .torrent file (unless u backed it up) but when it prompts you for a download location, specify the same location as the partially downloaded file and it'll detect it.
OK, this is a new trick or me... so thanks you saved me :D
brettalton

Post by brettalton »

If you're having problems with Deluge in Gutsy, I would suggest using the one in the repositories. It's stable and my 14 clients have been using it since September when Gutsy was still -dev.