Can't open preferences after converting to thin client

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
quixly
New User
New User

Re: Can't open preferences after converting to thin client

Post by quixly »

Ambipro:

Actually, I did try exactly that before mhertz posted. I set the core.conf to another user and read only but at that time, it didn't fix the GTK app issue.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Good that it seems to be working now, unfortunate that you have to go through and reset your settings, although most of the time the settings in core.conf take only a few minutes at most to configure.

Still have no idea what would set that value to a completely incorrect value and datatype, but since it appears to be working as intended now, let's just hope it stays that way. :P

Edit: I also agree that if you had one deluge service still running (in this case deluge-web) that core.conf edits outside of the app would probably not persist.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Good thinking ambipro, that would maybe work, with needing remove/reset if needing change settings. Thanks! Now outdated, but just don't like lingering quotes or how put, lol(not answer back, I mean).

@quixly, good job again, happy to hear you could get to the bottom of it yourself. Unfortunately as you found, the console-UI doesn't support changing the proxies dict, atleast didn't use to, though had some bigger updates later, but I still don't think so, unless I'm wrong. So you would need e.g sed etc to change the core.conf of not running daemon, all easy scriptable, which you're fine at, I see. That or use e.g curl to from web-ui api change the setting(well or python for main api), but personally would just use sed, as e.g I'm very noob at the web-ui api. Again, good job mate.

Edit: Just wanted to correct myself in that yes console-UI doesn't support setting dicts non-interactively(cli/scriptable), but though does so interactively specifically(curses TUI), meaning running just 'deluge-console' in terminal and logging-in and opening preferences and changing proxy settings there. I quickly googled it to verify, and found myself answering that to someone 3 years ago :) (After the big rewrite)