Adding torrents in paused state - torrent files are on the server

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
dubidubno
New User
New User

Adding torrents in paused state - torrent files are on the server

Post by dubidubno »

How can I add a bunch of torrent files in paused state using either the thin client on Windows or the console? The torrent files are on the server, a Debian 10 seedbox.

deluge-console 2.1.1
libtorrent: 1.2.16.0
Python: 3.7.3

--
Dubidubno
ambipro

Re: Adding torrents in paused state - torrent files are on the server

Post by ambipro »

You have quite a few options...

1. You can either add them manually through the thin client (download them from the server or load them into thin client through a share you have access to or something) and select the option highlighted in the MIDDLE window in the screenshot attached to this post. Make sure you select "Apply to All" before clicking Add.

2. Use AutoAdd plugin and point it at that directory on the server only _AFTER_ making sure you go to "Options" in the directory watch preferences of AutoAdd plugin and selecting "Yes" to add paused. (See far right window)

3. Set deluge to add all torrents by default in a paused state, however I'm not sure this would work for torrents added via AutoAdd if that is not checked "add in paused state" or if you use Sonarr/Radarr/Etc, I think that will still start the torrents. Not sure.

Option 1 or 2 is probably best. Which depends on if you want to automate this or not.