PAINFULLY SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEEDS

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
sugabeats
New User
New User

PAINFULLY SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEEDS

Post by sugabeats »

I had an older version of Deluge on my old laptop. Just got a new laptop with Windows 11 & downloaded the 2.1.1 or whatever and even with a lot of seeders it takes way longer to download than on my last laptop. I opened my other laptop and compared settings. Everything is the same except the active port. The other port was 51*** but on this it’s 61347 with no option to change it. When I click test active port it fails. Does this have anything to do with download speeds? I tried researching how to allow port forwarding but it’s all very overwhelming. I know it’s a setting or something on my router. Best Buy installed Deluge for me last time so I don’t know if they made necessary changes. I used to be able to download videos in a few minutes now it takes at least 30 minutes for 1 download. I’m not as technical as everyone here so please be kind lol. I hadn’t changed my internet either. Same router. Please help if you can! I would appreciate it! Thanks!
mhertz

Re: PAINFULLY SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEEDS

Post by mhertz »

For changing port, then need untick 'random' checkbox firstly.

Port forwarding is very helpful with uploading(e.g. seeding), and helps too with downloading to a lesser degree, but if enough seeds/peers in swarm then not an issue really for downloading(because of optimistic unchoking i'd gather, to get technical), so not sure what's going on exactly, but if possible for you then search a guide on port forwarding e.g. specifically for your router - google 'port forwarding deluge' - don't need 'deluge' wording and can use 'torrenting' too, but whatever, e.g. the first result has a guide with a bunch different router models etc.

As you have tested a torrent wiith many seeds, then probably unrelated to above but just added for completeness.

There are two deluge windows installers, so if you used the one with lt2.0 in name, then could try the other one, and vice versa.

To get more advanced, then could try ltconfig plugin, and try high-performance-seed preset, and/or disabling uTP, but try the basic stuff first imho.

Btw, I just remembered that by default then deluge 2.x doesn't use ipv6(well, libtorrent changed the meaning of 0.0.0.0 rather, in newer versions, included with deluge 2.x), so if had that before, then also a change possibly related - I can tell how enable that too if needed later.
sugabeats
New User
New User

Re: PAINFULLY SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEEDS

Post by sugabeats »

Thank you for your response - I will look into these options. Just so frustrated how on my last computer the downloads flew and on this one its as if i am back on DSL or something. It's terrible! I guess if i can't fix it - then I'll just suffer in silence lol. Think it would help to go back to an older version?