Port Issue

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
pear04
New User
New User

Port Issue

Post by pear04 »

I just installed Deluge and I'm facing some issue with the port. I've tried every fix that I found on the web but nothing seems to be working. I've even added port forwarding to my router manually with ports 49152-65535 as recommended in one of the posts.
These are my settings:
ambipro

Re: Port Issue

Post by ambipro »

You didn't post an image, use the edit button or post a reply with the settings, but I would suggest you give us some information about your setup including an operating system and any firewall you may be using (windows firewall, iptables if using linux, etc) and anything else relevant.

Right now we have almost nothing to go on.

Also, you only need one port forwarded in your router, and one port set in your preferences in deluge to operate properly (it will need to be the same port). Forwarding nearly 20,000 ports will accomplish nothing extra.
pear04
New User
New User

Post by pear04 »

I'm using Windows and I've changed the ports as you suggested. It's still not working. An error sign shows up next to test active port once I click it.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

So a few suggestions, just for troubleshooting sake...

You can select either the "Random" checkbox for outgoing or specify a port range, however, I typically recommend you do not select a port range that includes the port you are using for your incoming port. The outgoing ports do not need to be "forwarded" in any firewall settings in your OS or router, so setting this in deluge will be enough for that. As long as windows is not blocking your access to the internet in deluge (it should have asked when you first ran deluge if it could have network access) then you should be fine. I assume downloading works?

On your incoming port, this port is the one you need to have forwarded in your firewall - both in your OS and router.

In windows you can go to start and type "Windows Defender Firewall" and it should bring up the "older/classic style" control panel version of your settings, and on the left go to "Advanced Settings"...here you can manually specify the port for "inbound rules" with some menu options. Alternatively, you can search the start menu for "Allow firewall" and it will bring up the application-based firewall settings menu if you want to try that first.

That will all be pointless however until you forward the port (4891) in your router to the correct LAN IP that you're running deluge on...
pear04
New User
New User

Post by pear04 »

Yes, downloading works. I tried selecting random for the outgoing port but no luck. I had already added a rule in the inbound rules.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Once again the outgoing port has no effect on your "Port Issue" message, Port Issue is strictly referring to the incoming port and whether it is OPEN and accessible from outside the network.

If you have that port added (4981 from your screenshot) in windows inbound rules, then I would suggest you go to your router settings and attempt to correct (if needed) the previous settings you had where you forwarded the nearly 20,000 ports that did not include 4981. Change that range to 4981 - 4981...

You might also have conflicting UPNP ports forwarded, I usually disable uPNP (you can do this in your router as well as in deluge with the checkbox at the bottom) since it can cause conflicts and often doesn't work if the same port is forwarded in port forwarding and UPnP to different lan IPs.

Do you have any other ports forwarded in your router successfully or is this your first attempt to forward a port and allow access from outside your internal network?

Screenshots of your router port forwarding pages may also help us find any issues if you can't resolve this...if you've followed along and your incoming port matches up in windows firewall, your router port forwarding (TCP and UDP forwarded to correct LAN IP - 192.168.xx.xx) and deluge) and deluge settings incoming port, then I'm not sure where to go from here besides double checking UPnP doesn't have conflicting rules set in your router.

If you can't find UPnP in your router to clear and disable, uncheck the checkbox for it in deluge, restart deluge, and change the incoming port and then repeat the steps to update your inbound rules port in windows and change the router port forwarded port to the new port.

Long post, but you should at least be able to sort this out assuming your router functions properly from what you've said you're doing.

Last thing, I'm assuming you're not on some university network, business network, or VPN network that doesn't have access directly to the internet beyond your physical router....if this is the case, you're likely not going to be able to do this without speaking to a network admin or using a paid VPN service which I will not be able to assist you with.
Baneling

Post by Baneling »

Hi pear04, did you end up fixing this problem? I'm having a similar problem. I get a port error message. My downloading works great though. I think I have everything setup properly.
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

I don't understand nothing to these port questions, what I remember :
When I check online the torrent port it fails
I ve frequently this warning on Deluge, and here now after test port pressing
Finally all seems to work well
Anyway I don't allow incoming requests on the Linux Firewall (UFW) neither in my ISP's box because whan I tried to do it it didn't work
Now I use a VPN so perhaps it bypasses all that
Is this then useful to set a special port in Deluge ?
Baneling

Post by Baneling »

So the port forwarding started working after installing the VPN?
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

If you use a VPN, you need port forwarding from the provider. You will need to specifically set this up to enable seeding properly.