Followed Thinclient setup to the T but can't connect to daemon from other machine

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
boka
New User
New User

Followed Thinclient setup to the T but can't connect to daemon from other machine

Post by boka »

When I try to connect to the daemon from a remote machine I get: Username does not exist when I know it exists in ~/.config/deluge/auth
Doesn't matter what I try and documentation is of no help whatsoever.

The documentation says that I must be running the daemon and console under the same user but I have no idea if I am and have no idea how to check.

allow_remote is set to true in ~/.config/deluge/core.conf

I also added my desired credentials to hostlist.conf but this didn't resolve the issue.

I added my desired credentials to ~/.config/deluge/auth

I have also uninstalled and re-installed deluged and deluged-console on my Ubuntu machine using sudo apt purge and sudo apt install and re-installed the client on my windows machine.

The documentation also states that the daemon and client on the remote machine should be running the same version. This is a little ridiculous because the only available windows version is 2.1 while the only available Ubuntu version is 2.0 so its literally impossible to install the same version???

I have no idea where the issue is and no idea where to start.
boka
New User
New User

Re: Followed Thinclient setup to the T but can't connect to daemon from other machine

Post by boka »

Okay so I was able to install 2.1.1 Ubunutu from PPA and I was able to connect to the daemon from my remote machine using the automatically generated credentials. The credentials I created still don't work even though they are in the auth file. However, now I have a "port issue"

But! I was able to actually download a torrent, so I think it is working now!!
ambipro

Re: Followed Thinclient setup to the T but can't connect to daemon from other machine

Post by ambipro »

I'm curious if your instance of deluge has permission to read the config files, I assume the settings you see after restarting deluge are persistent and are reflected in the config files? When you go to Daemon in Preferences (Assuming you aren't running this completely remotely without access to the desktop) do you see the users listed and can you add users and see them show up in the auth file?

Have you tried using the 'localclient' account to sign in? You should be able to use that credential, IIRC...

With root permission, you can check what user the processes are running under with 'ps -aux'.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Not to butt in on ambipro's good troubleshooting instructions, but just to say that If you use those, I much suspect you find deluged running under a profile under /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge or alike(if deluged started from systemd)

2.x server needs 2.x client, so not that BTW.

Docs need updating(thinclient), though version info correct if remember right(the description in docs I mean)
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

If the config file is not reflecting the changes in the directory you are trying to use (~/.config/deluge/core.conf) you can use the '-c' parameter when launching deluged.

https://man.archlinux.org/man/deluged.1.en for information.
boka
New User
New User

Post by boka »

If my deluge client on windows saysW: "Port Issue: No Incomming Connections Check Port Forwarding"

what should I do?
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

It tells you in the message, check your port forwarding setting - this would be referring to in your firewall (either in your router or in the OS running deluge)