General support for problems installing or using Deluge
mendl
New User
New User

Error when I change download folders on Deluge Web

Post by mendl »

Hello
(im on Ubuntu)

Im not able to change the download folder on Deluge Web, when I change it I got instant error and the torrent is not starting

It allows me to download but only in the default downloads files located in /home/deluge/Downloads

The problem is happening only with Deluge Web, when im using deluge im having no problem to change the download location to my other drive

I've searched for hours and tried many things but still not managed to be able to change that Download files

Im an ubuntu beginner
ambipro

Re: Error when I change download folders on Deluge Web

Post by ambipro »

I'd venture a guess that you either do not have permissions set properly on the directory (need to be reset with chown or chmod) or the directory is invalid. Have you tried using the thinclient (remotely) or natively (on the actual server in deluge's UI)? If so try this with the same path and see if it produces the same results...if so the problem is not within the actual WebUI most likely, and may be permission based.

Also you may try manually adding a torrent and choosing that same directory you're attempting to change to as the download directory and seeing if it works.

I suspect this is a permissions issue, though.