Deluge Fails to Work with NordVPN

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Cabalfan4793
New User
New User

Deluge Fails to Work with NordVPN

Post by Cabalfan4793 »

So recently, I was trying to start a few downloads with Deluge. Unfortunately, when I attempted to do so, Deluge threw the "Port Issue" Error
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (719 Bytes) Viewed 4372 times
With this being said, other clients, such as qBittorrent, do not have any similar issues. This problem started without changing any settings within Deluge. I am wondering why this is happening and how to fix it.

OS is Windows 10. No virtual machine or anything like that. Just running Deluge normally on my desktop.
abracadabra1000
New User
New User

Re: Deluge Fails to Work with NordVPN

Post by abracadabra1000 »

I have the same problem.
I use a random port. When I test it I get the same error.
I get a few connections and DHT nodes, but no downloads.
I'm on Win10, Deluge 2.1.1 connected to a wifi router.
Not sure port forwarding would help. I'd like to avoid the complications...
Any ideas??
Thanks in advance.
abracadabra1000
New User
New User

Post by abracadabra1000 »

Hi again,
just to add to the question:
Upload is working, but not download.
Thnkx
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

So a quick google search and NordVPN does not offer port fowarding.

https://support.nordvpn.com/FAQ/1047408 ... arding.htm

This will leave you with the "Port Issue" error, no way around this. You will not be able to effectively seed any torrents.

Your solution is to find a provider for a VPN that offers port forwarding, or stop using a VPN to torrent.

If other clients tell you that they are functioning properly, they are lying or not using your VPN properly. You need the port to be open and accessible from the outside internet to seed PROPERLY.

You will still seed to peers YOU connect TO, but this is less common by comparison to proper seeding.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

abracadabra1000 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:15 am Hi again,
just to add to the question:
Upload is working, but not download.
Thnkx
It is unclear if you are using NordVPN like the original poster, but if so - see my previous post for an answer to the "port issue" error.

As far as upload working and download not, that is probably an entirely separate issue from the port one and probably belongs in its own post.

Hijacking someone else's thread with a different problem is generally considered rude, please try to stick to the original issue of the thread, or make your own thread relevant to your issue if necessary. This makes it easy for future people to search/find that issue and, hopefully, the solution.

Burying it in a thread about another issue only hides it and takes THAT thread off the original topic.
Paralel

Post by Paralel »

I use NordVPN and this error resolves a few minutes after I am able to establish a connection with a peer, which as ambipro said, is possible in this situation as one is seeding to peer, but isn't in fact proper seeding.

If you want to use NordVPN, you just have to accept it, as ambipro said. I wouldn't hold out hope on the "Support for port-forwarding may be implemented in the future." as they have entries that have said that literally for years regarding various things and nothing have ever been done.