How to de-select files in Deluge 2.1.1?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Smithers88888888
New User
New User

How to de-select files in Deluge 2.1.1?

Post by Smithers88888888 »

I have recently updated to Deluge 2.1.1 64bit for Windows and I run Windows 10.

When I DL a torrent with many files and I only want one or two of them there is no option to de-select / unselect all files.
The FAQ states that I need to have "full allocation" chosen to be able to de-select files.

There is no such option in version 2.1.1 (See attached picture)
The only similar option is "Pre-allocate disk space" which I have checked but still I get no button or anything to deselect all files.

I have tried to find any answer by googeling but the only fix I find is to use the option "full allocation" which I can not find under preferences in version 2.1.1
Attachments
DELUGE_1.jpg
DELUGE_1.jpg (115.09 KiB) Viewed 4190 times
ambipro

Re: How to de-select files in Deluge 2.1.1?

Post by ambipro »

If what I'm understanding you're saying is that when you go to add a torrent, you want to select specific files, but not all the files, from the torrent to download, then you don't do that from the preferences/options panel, and you don't need to have pre-allocate on at all, not sure where or why you would.

If you go to the "Files" section of the torrent when you add it, you can uncheck the files you do not want (clicking the top one, then shift+click the bottom the deselect all - or unchecking folders) and then select the ones you do want...

You can leave pre-allocate if you want, but it has no effect on whether this downloads selected files or not.

Hopefully this is what you meant, I believe this functionality was identical to 1.3.x versions, I'm not sure based on your screenshot that this is what you meant but I think this answers your question.

Let me know if not with clarification.
Smithers88888888
New User
New User

Post by Smithers88888888 »

Hi, your solution worked but if there are hundreds or even thousand of files in a torrent it is still a bother to scroll down to the last one.
In previous versions there was a button to deselect all files, after that there was just to select the few I wanted.

Many thanks for the solution.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any other way to do it with the redesign that came with deluge 2.x. There are quite a few features that didn't get migrated (hopefully coming, though) into the new GTK UI Cas implemented and designed, however, you can make a request in "Development" subforum if there are features or bugs you find.

In the meantime, this is what I've been doing :) Glad it also worked for you, albeit not a perfect one-click solution - it definitely is better than doing it one by one or after the download started and having partially downloaded files.
DjLegolas

Post by DjLegolas »

This is a known bug.
I have already opened a PR which still waits to be merged.
fibulatactful
New User
New User

Post by fibulatactful »

DjLegolas wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:13 pm This is a known bug. funny shooter 2
I have already opened a PR which still waits to be merged.
This pull has very clearly detailed how to handle.