carnagelan
New User
New User

Adding Deluge Web user to a group in linux

Post by carnagelan »

UPDATE
I managed to sort this issue out

Hi All,

I have a headless server running deluged web.

I can connect to it fine from any pc on the network,
but the issue is when i put in a link and set the download path to /mnt/distros it shows error.
any help would be much appreciated. I just dont think deluge has permission to write to that folder but i am struggling to have deluge and my own user coping to that folder
If i do sudo chown deluge:deluge distros then my normal user cannot access this folder
haresection
New User
New User

Re: Adding Deluge Web user to a group in linux

Post by haresection »

Connecting from any computer on the network works well, however when I enter a link and choose /mnt/distros as the download destination, an error message appears. It would mean a lot if you could assist. I'm having trouble getting both Deluge and my own user to work with a certain folder for which I'm not sure the program has access permissions. drift hunters
shinger
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Adding Deluge Web user to a group in linux

Post by shinger »

For future users if they stumble on such a problem as well.

Code: Select all

sudo usermod -aG <the group you want> deluge
I myself for example use this as well, to able to read the ssl-certificate and being able to write to /var/log folder as well as i want to be able to read the logs with my normal user without going in to root user..

btw a side note beside this topic: systemd service script has been configured to write as deluge:deluge (so owner and group are both deluge). As i want to able to reach them via network through smb protocol, i have used deluge:sambashare to write config files as well as the files that have been downloaded. This is also handy so you are able to go to the config folder with your own user and tinker with the settings.
===============================================================
Server: Rock 5B 8 Cores (ARM), 16 GB RAM, 2 TB 970 Evo +
Deluge: v2.1.1
Plugins: Blocklist, LabelPlus, ItConfig, MyScheduler, Stats, Notifications, YaRSS2